PC reboots since ive installed another videocard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

Since ive installed a geforce 4 ti 4400 in my computer it reboots when im trying to play several games, for example: Ragnarok Online, America's Army, Top Spin, Pro Evo soccer 5. I dont think that something is wrong with my videocard, because it works fine in another computer. What i have noticed is that my 300 watt power supply is not steady. Hardware monitor says that the 3.3V averages at about 2.8V which isnt a good thing, right? I am thinking about buying another power supply but i'm afraid that i am still going to have the same problem. Ive tried reading minidumps but i did not get further than installing windbg. Another thing that ive noticed is my cpu temperature. Is it normal for a 1,2g athlon thunderbird to go 60C when idle?
If theres anyone who can read minidumps or experienced the same thing, any help is appreciated.

Thanks for the reply.

Re-seating my cooler, does that also mean i have to put other thermal paste on it like arctic silver 5?

Yes. You'll want to clean off the old paste (or pad) first with some non-perfumed alcohol first. I use my wife's nail polish remover. Then applying new thermal paste. Keep it thin.

Wow, it seems to help. It's now 52C when idle, still not the perfect temp. It doesnt seem to reboot anymore but i am going to buy another cooler just in case. Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back