PC Vice City Install Problems!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just tried to install Vice City for PC, and when it is all done and all restarted, and I go to play the game, it can't start.

First a pop up comes up and says, "C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto Vice City\gta-vc.exe A device attached to the system is not functioning."

Then I hit OK, which is the only button there, and another pop up comes up titled Error Starting Program.

It says,"The D3D8.DLL file is linked to missing export DDRAW.DLL:DdEntry18."

And then there is an OK button. I click it and I get nowhere, i'm back to my desktop, doing NOTHING fun.

If ANYONE has had this problem or hasn't but knows how to fix it, PLEASE let me know!!!!

Thank you

Having looked into this a bit more it sounds like you've got directx problems! You can check this out my going to Start > Run and typing dxdiag and clicking ok! You can then check version and run some diagnostics!! You must have Direct X version 9 or maybe 9.1 - whatever the latest version is! Its available from www.microsoft.com.directx

Good luck as its an awesome game!!

Yah most people I've heard that had that problem it had to do with the direct X, which 9.0 is needed for that game. D3D8.DLL is a direct X file so my guess is that's your problem.

Thanks guys for your input, I'll check it out! Oh and that smiley was an accident : and D make that, but it is supposed to actually be a : then a D. :)

Okay guys I realized my REAL Problem. When I install DirectX 9.0 it makes you restart your computer naturally. But when it is restarted 9.0 is not there and my old one is still there.

Any more suggestions?

I had a similar problem once - which kept me from playing AC2 till I fixed it. I ended up having to download the network installer for DirectX 9.0a and installing that - see if you can find one for 9.0b and try that - hope it takes care of your problem also.

LNCPapa

Hey,I tried to install mine and it says: Cannot start program because of a missing .DLL file DINPUT8.DLL. Any Suggestions? I downloaded that file from a site and the application GTA VC still wont run. I am very frusterated. Please help :)

AyWoe said:
I just tried to install Vice City for PC, and when it is all done and all restarted, and I go to play the game, it can't start.

First a pop up comes up and says, "C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto Vice City\gta-vc.exe A device attached to the system is not functioning."

Then I hit OK, which is the only button there, and another pop up comes up titled Error Starting Program.

It says,"The D3D8.DLL file is linked to missing export DDRAW.DLL:DdEntry18."

And then there is an OK button. I click it and I get nowhere, i'm back to my desktop, doing NOTHING fun.

If ANYONE has had this problem or hasn't but knows how to fix it, PLEASE let me know!!!!

Thank you

Please send me an e-mail so i can install it please

GTA vice city

when i install the game i was very happy :)

then i put the no cd crack... :rolleyes:

and it says that i still need the cd :eek:

can someone help me ? :(

i really want to tried out the game :angel:

plz send your answer to "darkhole200@hotmail.com" :D

kraftdinner123 said:
when i install the game i was very happy :)

then i put the no cd crack... :rolleyes:

and it says that i still need the cd :eek:

can someone help me ? :(

i really want to tried out the game :angel:

plz send your answer to "darkhole200@hotmail.com" :D
I guess the crack you used was hopeless then. Try putting in the play CD and see if the game boots up. If you're not satisfied with that, go to www.megagames.com and get the Vice City crack there. I know it works because that's where I got mine and I don't need the CD to run. Good luck

alexaaa: Techspot does not condone any form of piracy.

I am therefore deleting your posts and closing this thread.

DO NOT ASK THIS QUESTION AGAIN.

Regards Howard TS Moderator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back