PCI Board (Multi-Port Serial Adaptor) freezes XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello.
Does anyone know anything about the trouble that a PCI board (Multi-Port Serial Adaptor) causes XP freeze?

I have been trying to install a PCI board (Digi ClassicBoard 8 PCI) which creates 8 COM ports (RS232) and can be connected to 8 cables of RS232. After installing this board and its driver into XP, 8 of "unknown port" appeared in "device manager." Then if I continued to install the drivers for these ports (available from its manufacturer), PC freezes. Now I realized that the drivers of these ports can be intalled when I disable the ports. But when I enabled the ports with their drivers installed, XP completely freezes. No entry is accepted. Even Ctrl + Alt + Del does not work, and I can do nothing but turn off the power of PC.

My PC is DELL Precision 390.

If anyone knows any information about this kind of symptom, would you help me?
Thank you!!

Hi

have you tried disabling the onboard COM ports in case of conflict, also is this board supported by XP and do you have the latest driver for it.

Regards

Thank you for your response.
I have not disabled onboard COM port, since the IRQ of onboard COM port (IRQ4) is different from that of the PCI board (IRQ17). Do you think I should try disabling it?

The board is supported by XP, and I'm using the latest driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back