PCI-SYS blue screen after MB Bios Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
Just built a pc with an Intel 945 MB, 3.6 ghz sockett 775 CPU, 2 ghz RAM, Maxtor SATA Hard drive, and GeForce 7800 pci express video card.
I nstalled windows xp pro,everything was working fine so before I installed any other software I decided to update the MB's bios. While updating the machine was rebooting and that's when the pci.sys error came on and I can't get it to boot again. I did a bios recovery and I got a message that the recovery was done successfuly but when I tried to reboot the message came back again.
I have tried everything including reformating the HD and tried installing windows again but the blue screen won't let me get past the setup menu.

Any suggestions?
Thanks, Howard

welcome to Techspot

Did you read the bios update FAQ to see if the changes had any relation to your box?
You should first try reverting to the old bios and then investigate your installation before making system core changes.

I meant that an update is not always necessary(or even good), it is best to do an update only if it addresses a specific issue relative to your configuration. Most site list the issues an update deals with.FAQ's etc.

You can download an older bios from the same site you got the update from .Try to use the version you originally had if you can remember or figure out which one that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back