Phenom II X6 with DDR3-1600 compatible?

Jawshh

Hey,

I'm looking forward to buying a new AM3+ mobo (Asus M5A97) and 2x4GB corsair vengeance DDR3-1600 to replace my current setup. I've read that the Phenom II X6 1055T I have supports up to DDR3-1333, so, I was wondering: what would happen if I use the DDR3-1600? Will it work or should I get 1333 memory instead?

what is the exact model of the ram? it most likely would work, just downclock it to 1333MHz but can check the Ram model number against the MB specs

what is the exact model of the ram? it most likely would work, just downclock it to 1333MHz but can check the Ram model number against the MB specs

It's CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B

Anyway, I gave up on that and bought 2 Patriot 1333 modules instead-didn't want to take any risks :|

Thanks for replying ;)

I would go with the 1333. I've been running a Phenom II X6 for a year now with no issues. My RAM is ripsaw? (ripjaw?) - can't remember exactly - I bought it off newegg. Cranked right up the first time with no hiccups....

I would go with the 1333. I've been running a Phenom II X6 for a year now with no issues. My RAM is ripsaw? (ripjaw?) - can't remember exactly - I bought it off newegg. Cranked right up the first time with no hiccups....

It's ripjaw hehe! Yea I think 1333 should be just fine for me as well!

Back