Please Help - Exception in XP STOP: error

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjohnmar

Hello,

I am getting this blue screen message " An exception occurred - Windows was shut down to prevent damage to the computer ....

Please start windows in safe mode and remove the drivers or update ....

0X0000007E (0XC0000005, 0X80580BAB ....) "

Can somebody help how to solve this?

Thanks,
bjohnmar

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I have moved your thread to our Windows OS forum.

Please take a look at this thread HERE and see if it helps you to identify the culprit.

If it doesn`t, attach 5 or 6 of your latest minidumps to your next reply.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Thanks

Hello,

Thannks. I'm amazed at the speed of your reply. I typed this message twice but the system crashed before I could finish it. Hope this time I can beat the virus.

I'm attaching the minidump, and trying to d/l the memtest, with all these system crashes.

Thanka again, I hope this is not a serious problem. I have lots of stuff in this PC.

Rgds
Bjohnmar

All your minidumps crash with hardware and a FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: IP_MISALIGNED. This is a hardware problem caused by faulty Ram/psu/mobo etc.

You will need to diagnose which hardware is faulty. Start by testing your ram with Memtest86+ and go from there. You should also disconnect anything not required to run your system. Just leave 1stick of ram/psu/videocard/harddrive/cpu and see if you still get the crashes. If you do, then the problem has to be with that hardware. If you system then becomes stable, start adding one piece of hardware at a time and testing your system. When your system starts crashing again, the last piece of hardware will be the culprit.

Regards Howard :)

You have a rootkit infection. INFO. This may be causing your hardware symptoms.

BugCheck 1000007E, {c0000005, 80580bab, f7a1db28, f7a1d824}
Probably caused by : hardware ( m_hook+44d5 ) <--m_hook.sys
a85b9000 a85c9400 m_hook m_hook.sys Mon Mar 05 20:19:17 2007 (45EBFCB5)

Thanks - no virus

Hello,

Thanks. A few thoughts ...

1. So the problem is not with virus, trojans, malware, etc. ?

2. Also, when you say "Just leave 1stick of ram/psu/videocard/harddrive/cpu and see if you still get the crashes. ", how do I do that?

3. If I backup and reformat the whole syswtem, will I be okay?

Hi peterdiva, what do I so to fix the rootkit problem?

Thanks to all. I'm typing this from my wife's PC.

Rgds
Bjohnmar

No rootkit

Hello Howard, Peterdiva

Looks like ther'es no rrotkit problem. I got a conratulations message.

I'm attachin the HJT file.

Looking forward to your solution.

Thanks
bjohnmar

Your system does have at least one trojan/worm.

1. Please download The Avenger by Swandog46 from HERE. Save it to your Desktop and extract it.

2. Download the attached avengerscript.txt and save it to your desktop

Note: the above code was created specifically for this user. If you are not this user, do NOT follow these directions as they could damage the workings of your system.

3. Now, start The Avenger program by double clicking on its icon on your desktop.

Under "Script file to execute" choose "Load script from file".
Now click on the folder icon which will open a new window titled "open Script File"
navigate to the file you have just downloaded, click on it and press open
Now click on the Green Light to begin execution of the script
Answer "Yes" twice when prompted.

4. The Avenger will automatically do the following:

It will Restart your computer. ( In cases where the code to execute contains "Drivers to Unload", The Avenger will actually restart your system twice.)
On reboot, it will briefly open a black command window on your desktop, this is normal.
After the restart, it creates a log file that should open with the results of Avenger’s actions. This log file will be located at C:\avenger.txt
The Avenger will also have backed up all the files, etc., that you asked it to delete, and will have zipped them and moved the zip archives to C:\avenger\backup.zip.

5. Please attach the content of c:\avenger.txt into your reply, as well as a fresh HJT log.

Let me know how your system is running.

Hello,

I followed your instructions, here are the output log files.

Pl let me know where I stand.

Thanks
bjohnmar

Hello Howard,

Here's the avenger log file.

Thanks
Bjohnmar

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

hldrrr.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hldrrr] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hldrrr.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [hldrrr] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hldrrr.exe

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {9819CC0E-9669-4D01-9CD7-2C66DA43AC6C} - (no file)

O16 - DPF: {0246ECA8-996F-11D1-BE2F-00A0C9037DFE} (TDServer Control) - http://www.kumudam.com/wfplayer/tdserver.cab

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\WINDOWS\system32\hldrrr.exe

Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files.

Post a fresh HJT log and let me know how your system is running.

Not booting

I arranged for the safe mode with ms config, and while restarting, when I ask it to open in safe mode, it goes to the blue screen again.

Now I'm scared.

Rgds
Bjohnmar

Oh dear, that`s not good, whatever the reason for it. Maybe, you should consider backing up your important data and reformatting. If that doesn`t solve your problem, then I`m afraid we`re back to a hardware failure as I originally thought.

Regards Howard :(

My files

Hello,

yes, I thought so. So you think my files will be intact? I'm not bothered about the programs, but the files are precious.

Is there a way to know if these files are safe?

Thanks
Bjohnmar.

I think you`ll find your files are intact. It should be fairly safe to backup your important files. Music/photo`s/video`s shouldn`t pose any threats, however, there is a small risk from any .doc files you may have.

Yes, you`ll need to take the hard drive out of your computer and install it on another computer as a slave drive. This means you`ll need to set the jumper to slave. Once you`ve gotten your data off of it, put it back in your computer, reset the jumper to master and reformat it.

Thanks, I recovered my files and reloaded the OS today.

Thanks for all your help. You're doing a great job.

Bye
Bjohnmar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back