Please help me , Ive really messed up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was told that making a change in the bios would cure a particular error i kept getting

Anyway i went into my bios and changed the Ram CAS Latency to 2 (i think it was set to 3 origionally)

then i saved and exited , but now my system wont work at all , it just beeps constantly

Can anyone tell me what i need to do to get back intomy bios and change it back (i wish id neve gone into the bios in the first place now :()

please help me as im feeling rather sick about this , ive only had it 2 days

anywayhere is my specs..........

Pentium4 3.0ghz prescott
512 mb ddr400 (pc3200)
geforce 4 6600gt
120 gig hd
windows xp pro

this is my motherboard...........
http://www.extremeoverclocking.com/reviews/motherboards/Foxconn_865PE_1.html

Remove your BIOS battery for about 5 minutes or so than replace it ..But Turn off your computer first... Than repost the type of ram you are using and we will go from there...

Yes this will set to your defult settings ... Dont go to 2.0 lantency if anything set it to 2.5 but to be truthful with you u basically have cheap ram i dont think you can set it to different lantency..

ok ill try that tomorrow

sorry to be a pain , but where exactly is the battery to be found on the motherboard , (im pretty new at this) and is it easy to remove ?

Thanks for your help again

dont suppose u know anything about my error i keep getting (before screwing up my bios)

basically i keep getting a BSOD with the error message DRIVER-IRQL-NOT-LESS-OR-EQUAL

It usually pops up in the middle of certain games , especialy Colin mcrae rally 2005.................yeti can play other games for hours , like UT2004 eg

any ide what could be causing this ?

I did the same thing on my mobo, I set the ram to cas 2 instead of 2.5 and then when I tried to boot nothing happened. My mobo has a bios reset jumper, so I "jumped" it and then it cleared the bios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back