Possible IRQ Conflict- Asus P4r800-vm

Status
Not open for further replies.
os install problem

I just istalled a new asus p4r800-vm motherboard, hard drive,p4 3.0 processor and new memory as well and i cant install any os without errors and i try to install win xp it wont boot it willl just go to the xp loading screen with green bar and it just stays there
i can get into windows xp but only in safe mode i tried win xp,win 2000 when i install win 2000 i can only use it for a bit before i get blue screen and a error that says driver irql not less or iqual
then i get memory dumped and it restarts i exchanged the motherboard 2 times but i still have the problem the only thing old here is the cd rom everything else is new even the power supply iam going crazy here hope someone can help

It is most likely bad/badly seated memory. Try putting in one known good meory stick and see what happens.

Don't take the error literally... The chances of being an IRQ conflict are pretty slim. :)

This type of blue screen is generally caused by faulty hardware. Prime suspects would include memory or hard disk, as well as CPU or motherboard. Heck... Let's throw in the whole system as a possibility! ;)

Sometimes this error can be driver related, but more often than not, you'll find it is a memory problem.

ok i tried new memory and nothing iam not sure but someone said that my motherboard only supports one sideded dimms if thats the case would theta cause the problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back