Potential Intel Coffee Lake benchmark leaked

Greg S

Although some rumored details of Intel's Coffee Lake series CPUs hit the web just recently, it appears that more information has surfaced. A benchmark posted to SiSoftware Official Live Ranker shows what is likely one of the i5 processors detailed previously. The unknown processor matches the standard clock speed of 3.1Ghz with a boost clock of 4.2Ghz. The lack of mention of hyper-threading in the previous leak left some raised eyebrows, so this benchmark may indicate that Hyper Threading is a possibility on i5 processors for this new series.

Looking at the power draw, the 81.2W consumption does not match up perfectly with the previous 65W spec found for a Coffee Lake CPU with these clock speeds, but base clock adjustments or just lack of efficiency on a sample chip are both possibilities.

Upon further examination of the posted benchmark, further evidence exists to show that this is indeed a Coffee Lake CPU. The video adapter is listed as Intel Coffee Lake UHD Graphics, and it is somewhat unlikely someone would take the effort required to falsify this attribute.

Looking at the General Processor data, it can also be inferred that this is may be an all-in-one PC or other form factor due to the fact that mobile is mentioned. The Seagate hard drive found in the test system is also a 2.5" drive used by HP and Lenovo in some of their laptops. Unfortunately the synthetic test results here give no way to determine real world performance. At this time, it is possible that Intel's Coffee Lake CPUs could launch as soon as next month, so stay tuned for more information.

Permalink to story.

I'm certain that Intel is trying to leak and hype war all they can to deter the Ryzen 3, threadripper, and EPYC launches. It's all Intel can do besides actually competing.

Has anyone checked out the pricing of the G4560 lately on newegg?

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117743

Over $170 because newegg is out of stock thanks to Intel reducing shipments. Amazon still has a few left in stock so get them before they go out. It seems to me that Intel is intent on ruining any potential savings it's customer could possibly get.

I'm certain that Intel is trying to leak and hype war all they can to deter the Ryzen 3, threadripper, and EPYC launches. It's all Intel can do besides actually competing.

Has anyone checked out the pricing of the G4560 lately on newegg?

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117743

Over $170 because newegg is out of stock thanks to Intel reducing shipments. Amazon still has a few left in stock so get them before they go out. It seems to me that Intel is intent on ruining any potential savings it's customer could possibly get.

G4560 is $56.99 at my local Micro Center

Intel outsells AMD 3 to 1 so I don't think sales competition is an issue for Intel. You can create an argument they don't have price - performance competition in certain sectors against AMD.

Intel outsells AMD 3 to 1 so I don't think sales competition is an issue for Intel. You can create an argument they don't have price - performance competition in certain sectors against AMD.

While this is true, it is still a loss to Intel. Intel is used to outselling Amd 10 to 1. Now that Ryzen has finally been released and it is performing better than expected, it is spelling trouble for Intel. Less than a year ago Intel was the go-to company for everything whether budget or high end. Everyone that approached me with the idea of building a computer was told to get the Intel Cpu. Now Amd Ryzen 5 is a decent performer in games and can even compete with the higher end intel cpus in heavy duty multi threaded applications.

While this is true, it is still a loss to Intel. Intel is used to outselling Amd 10 to 1. Now that Ryzen has finally been released and it is performing better than expected, it is spelling trouble for Intel. Less than a year ago Intel was the go-to company for everything whether budget or high end. Everyone that approached me with the idea of building a computer was told to get the Intel Cpu. Now Amd Ryzen 5 is a decent performer in games and can even compete with the higher end intel cpus in heavy duty multi threaded applications.

I'm not sure where you got 10 to 1, I've never seen a graph show a ratio like that anytime even with AMD offering their bulldozer CPUs

I should have worded that differently. I meant to say that even if Intel was used to outselling AMD 10 to 1 then going to 3 to 1 would be a loss for them. I didn't mean to state it as facts. Bottom line, if amd is selling more processors than ever then it could mean that these new buyers are choosing AMD over Intel so that could mean a loss for Intel. All I know is that Intel is loosing customers somewhere. I am currently running an Intel I7 4790k and if I were to upgrade today, then I would have chosen Ryzen 7 1700x.

At the end of the day we are all consumers unless we receive a paycheck from Intel or AMD so competitive chips from one force the hand of the other to counter with better performance and/or price points.

All CPU's at Micro Center are an "insane deal" priced, doesnt mean I need or want to build with em....

That CPU in particular since Intel is vastly reducing it's production. It competes with $170 CPUs, thus the massive Newegg pricetag.

That CPU in particular since Intel is vastly reducing it's production. It competes with $170 CPUs, thus the massive Newegg pricetag.

Ive already had one for a couple days, got it for $55 shipped new on ebay when they first launched, wasnt impressed sold it within a week.

Ive already had one for a couple days, got it for $55 shipped new on ebay when they first launched, wasnt impressed sold it within a week.

You are one of the few. It's widely vaunted by the tech press because it is by far the best bang for your buck. You missed the point if you were looking for "impressive" performance. This isn't a flagship processor.

You are one of the few. It's widely vaunted by the tech press because it is by far the best bang for your buck. You missed the point if you were looking for "impressive" performance. This isn't a flagship processor.

I couldnt deal with it not pushing my 1050 ti in my itx build to 100% in GTA V

I couldnt deal with it not pushing my 1050 ti in my itx build to 100% in GTA V

GTA V is a poorly optimized game. It's not the threads of the G4560 it wants, it's a high clock frequency. That game will run poorly on any low clocked processor.

GTA V is a poorly optimized game. It's not the threads of the G4560 it wants, it's a high clock frequency. That game will run poorly on any low clocked processor.

Yep, but its a game I regularily play, and wanted my itx rig to run 1080/60, so the g4560 had to go. No doubt its great for the brand new budget build, but I bought my last 2600k for $107. Anyone on a budget should be looking to unlocked Sandys like a 2500k for $75 or less

Yep, but its a game I regularily play, and wanted my itx rig to run 1080/60, so the g4560 had to go. No doubt its great for the brand new budget build, but I bought my last 2600k for $107. Anyone on a budget should be looking to unlocked Sandys like a 2500k for $75 or less

Hm, certainly the 2500k is going to net you allot of performance for the price but the motherboards are quite expensive as they have long been out of production. You are looking at spending at least $120 if you want a motherboard that will actually overclock. Not to mention, there is zero upgrade path. If you were to say purchase a new Ryzen 3 system, AMD has already pledged 3 CPU generations to that platform. Maybe the 2500k was a good deal when Intel was the only choice but with AMD's zen platform actually letting you re-use motherboards I see little value in the 2500k for all except PC enthusiasts.

There is always pros and cons to purchasing. No matter what you decide to go for. The only question is which pros and which cons are acceptable at the time of purchase.

Every machine in this house is a Sandy Bridge machine. I may upgrade them to better CPU performance, but I would not consider building another one from scratch.

Hm, certainly the 2500k is going to net you allot of performance for the price but the motherboards are quite expensive as they have long been out of production. You are looking at spending at least $120 if you want a motherboard that will actually overclock. Not to mention, there is zero upgrade path. If you were to say purchase a new Ryzen 3 system, AMD has already pledged 3 CPU generations to that platform. Maybe the 2500k was a good deal when Intel was the only choice but with AMD's zen platform actually letting you re-use motherboards I see little value in the 2500k for all except PC enthusiasts.

And an enthusiast I am ;) Show me a $107 Ryzen that can keep up with a 4.5ghz 2600k. Also, if you know where to look you can get full ATX Z motherboards for $75 or less. Yes they dont have nvme support, but a Z77 board is still capable of providing enough juice to push a 1080ti near its max on most games.

And an enthusiast I am ;) Show me a $107 Ryzen that can keep up with a 4.5ghz 2600k. Also, if you know where to look you can get full ATX Z motherboards for $75 or less. Yes they dont have nvme support, but a Z77 board is still capable of providing enough juice to push a 1080ti near its max on most games.
you're comparing a second hand market to the new market. I've yet to see a 2600k that is under 200$ "new". at that price point the 1500x and the 1600 do well compared to a 4.7GHz 2600k.

..I meant to say that even if Intel was used to outselling AMD 10 to 1 then going to 3 to 1 would be a loss for them. ....

That is utter BS and you know it. As consumers we want a win for us as in price reduction more bang for the buck. It matters little if AMD or Intel wins or loses. And if price reductions get for buyers, it is win-win for intel and amd even if the ratio for Intel is now 3-to-1 because the pie has gotten a lot bigger. This is what you want as buyers.

Looking at the 1500x which does worse than 1300x for single core performance see:
http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-Ryzen-5-1500X-vs-AMD-Ryzen-3-1300X/3921vs3930

There is no good justification for 1500x to be at $180-190 at all. Ryzen pricing is all price gouging right now. The 1500x should be priced at $125.

If AMD wants to reclaim the goodwill they once had, they should be playing Ryzen like they did with Athlon XP (t-bird/thoroughbred/bartons). Remember back in 2001 the when those socket A chips went for around $100 and it would be more than competitive enough with P4s at $200, even if they didn't win across the board.

This is where Ryzen stands now. The pricing should be
R7 - $250 max for the 1800x
R5 - $150 max for the 1600x
R3 -- $100 max for the 1300x

This will let AMD provide unrivaled value and really start a price war with intel for the benefit of everyone.

Because right now as it stands, these ryzens have a GPU bottleneck time bomb, that will only get worse will faster GPUs. See:
https://www.techspot.com/news/68407...ottlenecking-cpu-gaming-benchmarks-using.html
http://www.legitreviews.com/cpu-bot...-on-amd-ryzen-versus-intel-kaby-lake_192585/6
https://www.hardocp.com/article/2017/05/26/definitive_amd_ryzen_7_realworld_gaming_guide/8

Pretend all you want that 4K at 60fps or less is good enough for now which is where the GPU bottlenecks, then you need to price the CPU causing these bottlenecks at a much more disposable price so two years for now you can by AMD newer offerings.

Back