Power outage shut down PC

learninmypc

Two nights in a row for unknown reasons the building experienced a power outage. Both times I woke up & had to restart my pc & got the multi-option screen with "Start pc Normally" which I did & it booted up normally.
Tonight, I'm playing it safe & shutting it down. Is there anything else I need to do so I know no damage was done? Hopefully none,thanks.

Shutting down your PC at the end of the day is a very safe thing to do.This way when power outage do happen. You do not have the computer shutting down the wrong way. I for one never leave mine on all night. I shut it down at the end of the day. As for damage from the last two nights when the power shut off . I doubt you have any if the computer is booting up and running fine.

You can also learn to use Hibernation to create fast restart and go to zero power while the computer sleeps.

Ok, as I've mentioned in here before, I listen to the thousands of tunes I have on here to go to sleep. That is what woke me both times, silence. As long as no damage is/has been done to my W7, I'll feel better.
Oddly (fortunately) there was no power outage last night. I did shut my pc off & listened to a non-stop tv music channel to go to sleep.
I thank you for your input jobeard & will look into your suggestion.

I use hibernation on my laptop multiple times per day and always before bed. The system never even "sees" any power outage at all and can be rebooted quickly days later.

The laptop makes this very easy, but any system can do this

* open notepad and enter
C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState 0,1,0
* save as Hibernate System.com and place on dektop

>Click it to Hibernate
(you may need to use right-click->runas Admin and enter the pwd)

>Press system power button and release to awaken.

Only if the system is turned off (Shutdown/Hibernate) are you guaranteed 100% that there will be no software modifications to your Windows partition.

Only if the computer is unplugged from the wall, are you 100% guaranteed there will be no hardware failures from electrical overloads etc.

You're never 100% guaranteed that the component won't just degrade over time. :)

Back