Power supply not working? Or is my cpu shot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there, I hope someone can help me out with this one. My pc has recently started to freeze a lot, but I just shut down and all is good again for at least a few hours. Now it is completely shuting down after about 10 mins or so...sometimes after it shuts down I can't even turn it on for about 1 hour or so. Could this be the power supply? Sometimes when it shuts down the power light on my pc will show that it is still on but the fan has shut down and it looks like it is off...screen will not show a picture and all is quiet...
I don't know what is going on here...someone please help.
Thanks

Although a PSU problem cannot be ruled out it appears more of an overheating problem.

find out the temp ur system is running at.

ATX PSU Testers are Cheap...

Pick up a PSU tester. It's a great tool to have and they're relatively inexpensive.

It would help us to help you if all newcomers would fill in their system specs including which operating system and version they are using-howard hopkinso
This is done under "user profile".
If we know what we are talking about it makes troubleshooting much easier.
Right now I have to agree with the overheating solution until more is known.
Are there any cooling fans, etc.

Check your fan and heatsink, make sure they are not covered with dust. My friend had a similar prob, he cleaned away the dust and he was good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back