Printer Driver for Windows 7 (Series driver missing from installation)

Status
Not open for further replies.

deanlaing12

I re installed my printer compatible for windows 7.

I installed all these drivers that came in the installation:
Photosmart C4200
Photosmart C4200 printer series (DOT4USB)
Photosmart C4280 USB Device
I:\
IEEE 1284.4 compatible printer
Photosmart C4200 printer series (DOT4PRINT)
USB Composite Device
USB Mass Storage Device
USB Printing support.*

I still cannot use my printer at all because the driver:

Photosmart C4200 Series driver is missing.

The *Hp photosmart C4200 series* Was not in the installation file.

I redownloaded the installation file and tried again but i get the same problem.

Printer: Hp photosmart C4280 All-in-one Printer, scanner, Copyer

Extra:

I double cheked im installing the correct installation which i am.
I made sure to uninstall all preveous printers compleatly from my pc then reset befour installing.

Question:

Where can i download the *Hp Photosmart C4200 Series* driver compatible with windows 7 32 bit ultimate?

When i want to install this driver, i click update driver then locate my driver?

haha dude, stop trying to help people, your not helping at all, i thought i ditched you XD

If you read my post it clearly sttes that the installation they provide has missen drivers.

I fixed my problem for good now, how?:

When you install something and it dosnt work go to device manager and chek to see what drivers have been installed, (i dont just mean the one big driver that has lots of drivers) Incase people don't know, a driver contains lots of minidrivers and unless all of them are there then they wont work.

Windows 7 - start menue - devices and printers - right click broken or yellow marked hardware symbol - propertys - Hardware - (if you have a problem a big list of things will be here) - scrolls down to find the wrighting with a small question mark next to it - click on it then click preferencys - update driver - locate where the driver is - update.

If you cant find the driver because of a computer upgrade then: go to manufactures website - download new drivers - uninstall - reset pc - install.

If you still can't get it then: look for the hardware driver that is not installed - click update - use original cd - update.

This works because the manufacture thinks you did a simple upgrade without loss of data but if your like me and upgraded from windows xp to windows 7 then all data is uninstalled but keps in windows.old folder.

This means that SOME drivers are kept, but if we want a clean score then you need to uninstall everything then install windows 7 compatible things first, this means that anything that isnt installed will be on the original disk.

This is good because your not keeping old or broken drivers tht you don't need.

Have fun, hope i help people in the future.

Thanks for the update

The HP Drivers "Start Detection" will also do all that for you automatically
I have used it all the time, as long as HP support your Windows version, it will work

Either way is good. I prefer the easiest option myself ;)

EDIT
I note that you thanked me in your recent post here, on the exact same issue, as stated: that what I advised helped you get your printer recognized again by Windows
Obviously you were not appreciated (or respectful) of the support given (as by your words above), so be it
I'll try to remember not to help you in future if that's what you want?
Be aware that all Support members and their replies are helping you freely and on their (or "my" in your case) time.
Maybe you would be best to go somewhere else to pay someone and then "ditch" them when you are not happy with the service
But on free forums try your best to thank support members for their time and help

Thanks for the update

The HP Drivers "Start Detection" will also do all that for you automatically
I have used it all the time, as long as HP support your Windows version, it will work

Either way is good. I prefer the easiest option myself ;)

EDIT
I note that you thanked me in your recent post here, on the exact same issue, as stated: that what I advised helped you get your printer recognized again by Windows
Obviously you were not appreciated (or respectful) of the support given (as by your words above), so be it
I'll try to remember not to help you in future if that's what you want?
Be aware that all Support members and their replies are helping you freely and on their (or "my" in your case) time.
Maybe you would be best to go somewhere else to pay someone and then "ditch" them when you are not happy with the service
But on free forums try your best to thank support members for their time and help

Please believe me when i say,

I tried to tell you i had alredy tried that but you clearly didn't read what i had wrote.

Thus, moving away from the one that will up my replies and lower my chanses of anyone helping me.

Thanks for trying but it dosn't cut it to guess what i wrote.

If you read this far then, thanks and i appologize. Im a little stressed right now too, don't be mad.

No problems

OK your way worked :) We are confirmed

By the way... Generally when supporting (that's me) Users (yep, you and all others) it is a stressful time for the User
Many Users have important data to recover or they just want their hardware (including the entire computer) to work
So I understand and I have compassion and respect for Users in such a dire straits of stress and turmoil, actually I think that may be the personality of the supporter (to be understanding) at least is should be.

So be it, the HP auto detect did not work for you (even though I repeated myself of which I shouldn't have)

Now, (back to topic) What is the issue at the moment?
I've just scanned down the page
It looks as though it is resolved :grinthumb

Often, when drivers are installed, they will not show up until the printer is connected by a usual source such as wireless (if designed to work on wireless) or USB cable. But they are there when you are finally connected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back