Printing Problem....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the setup....

I am on a windows network in an office with multiple computers.
My particular pc is tied to a hub with another pc and a print server attached to that hub. The hub is tied to the main hub in the main computer room.
The print server is a DLink DP300U and attached to it are a HP Laserjet 1200, HP Laserjet 2500 and a HP Designjet 600.
All the pc's are running Windows XP.

Here is the problem...

My computer recently started having problems when printing to the 3 printers attached to the print server.
Everyone else can still print to these printers without problems.
I can still print to other network printers that are not attached to the print server.
Now when I say I can't print to these 3 I don't mean I cant print at all..... Here are my symptoms.....

Most document will print 80% correct but will have garbage scattered thru them. Some docs print and leave out characters or objects. PDF files will never print, they just hang up when the status bar reaches 100%.

I have reset the print server, re-installed printer drivers etc.

You have any ideas?

Thanks,
Brian

I think this case is because of infected computer.
Check your computer for virus, spyware, adware, malware, spam, etc and make sure it's clean from such virus.

suggestion is try using this small (non-standalone!) program:
http://www.incodesolutions.com/removeit.php

There's 2 version, for home and workstation purposes.

Or... reinstallation of Microsoft Office??

The LJ 1200 and the DJ 600 have high failure rates, and sometimes cause spurious problems. I would remove each, one at a time, from your network, then try again without them. Also, try using the printers on a stand alone computer to see how they behave.

maybe instead of a hub you try a switch? or eliminate one step from the routing and see if it makes a difference?
Update firmware for print server if available?

I unhooked the 2500 and hooked it directly to my PC and can print to it fine. It seems to be some type of communications problem between my pc and the print server as everyone else on the network can print to all three of the printers without any problems. I ran Norton, Spybot and Adaware and removed a few data miners, everything else checked out ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back