Printing problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie muffin

Hi,
I'm running out of ideas to solve a printing problem which has just started.
The order and detail may be a little random but i'm happy to provide any info as requested.
I've a Sony Vaio laptop connected by USB Port to a Epson Stylus D88.
Its been working fine in the past but suddenly i'm having problems and i don't know what's changed.
I was told to uninstall and try again however it seems that my PC didn't completely uninstall as when i tried to start again it had no problem identifying it.
I can happily run maintenance checks but when i try and print a Word doc etc. it seems to stall as "pending" in the print queue.
I right click on the "printer" in the bottom right but when i try and click on its name i get "unable to open printer status window for this printer", however i can see properties and preferences from the queue.
I've tried to "add printer driver and get a message "The file E_S2ORN.EXE on Epson Stylus D88 series is needed. is this my problem? do i need to download the Epson drivers again?

printing probbs

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. Just downloaded all the drivers agian and it appears to have fixed the problem. Don't know how i managed to lose a file but we're printing again which is good. Cheers
David

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back