Privacy Protector, Spyware & Malware Protection, Error Cleaner Virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Breon88

Hello, i recently encountered this nasty virus. I read about someone else having this problem on this site, i thought i could follow instructions set up on their forum, but i realized a needed to join techspot to actually be helped. That being said, i have this virus, i cannot see my program tabs or other icons. I am spammed with pop-ups, and its says virus alert right next to my clock. PLEASE someone help me 2 get rid of this, i am an online student and this would greatly hinder my performance.

Start with downloading these on another computer: MBAM MalwareBytes, SuperAntispyware, and Avir Antivir antivirus. Then install and run in your computer. Or used paid programs such as Kaspersky and Spyware Doctor 6.0, or SpySweeper.
Run them.
Immediately shut down. And run them again in SAFE MODE

Start with downloading these on another computer: MBAM MalwareBytes, SuperAntispyware, and Avir Antivir antivirus. Then install and run in your computer. Or used paid programs such as Kaspersky and Spyware Doctor 6.0, or SpySweeper.
Run them.
Immediately shut down. And run them again in SAFE MODE

Thanks so much Malware seems to have worked! I hear this virus can come back, hopefully it doesn't. Thanks again!

You should post a hijackthis log as there can always be more malware hidden.

* Click here to download HJTsetup.exe
  • Save HJTsetup.exe to your desktop.
  • Doubleclick on the HJTsetup.exe icon on your desktop.
  • By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Hijack This.
  • Continue to click Next in the setup dialogue boxes until you get to the Select Addition Tasks dialogue.
  • Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
  • Continue to follow the rest of the prompts from there.
  • At the final dialogue box click Finish and it will launch Hijack This.
  • Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
  • Come back here to this thread and Attach the log in txt format your next reply.
  • DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

* Click on the Start Button, Click Search
Click "All Files and Folders"
Click "Advanced Options", put a check next to the following:
Search System Folders
Search Hidden Files And Folders
Search Subfolders

Next copy and paste the following entries into the search box(one at a time):

sjcdpi.dll
thcckw.dll
hpmfmi.dll

Then pot the full loaction of each of those file.

================================================================

Hello Welcome TechSpot

Please read this post completely, it may make it easier for you if you copy and paste this post to a new text document or print it for reference later.

Please re-open HiJackThis and scan.**Check the boxes next to all the entries listed below.

R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {E312764E-7706-43F1-8DAB-FCDD2B1E416D} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SearchSettings] C:\Program Files\Search Settings\SearchSettings.exe
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions present
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - (no file)
O16 - DPF: {95D88B35-A521-472B-A182-BB1A98356421} (Pearson Installation Assistant 2) - http://asp.mathxl.com/books/_Players/PearsonInstallAsst2.cab
O16 - DPF: {E6D23284-0E9B-417D-A782-03E4487FC947} (Pearson MathXL Player) - http://asp.mathxl.com/books/_Players/MathPlayer.cab

Now close all windows other than HiJackThis, then click Fix Checked.**Close HiJackThis.**Reboot into safe mode.

Restart your computer and as soon as it starts booting up again continuously tap F8. A menu should come up where you will be given the option to enter Safe Mode.

Please go to Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and remove the following (if present):

Search Settings

Please note any other programs that you don't recognize in that list in your next response.

Using Windows Explorer (to get there right-click your Start button and go to "Explore"), please delete these folders (if present):

C:\Program Files\Search Settings

now reboot.

=====================================================================

Please run an on-line virus scan at http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscannerKaspersky OnLine Scan or if that doesnt work, you can use TrendMicro or BitDefender. (Please post the results of the scan(s) in your next reply)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back