Problem booting up/repairing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I bought a Toshiba labtop a few months ago and it was working fine, but while installing an update to some software the battery went out before I could plug it in, when I tried to reboot the computer I got the
"We apologize for the inconvenience, but Windows did not start successfully. A recent hardware or software change might have caused this." With options to boot from 3 different safe modes, last known good config, and normally. All of these won't bootup correctly , the closest being the bootup normally option which will bring up the XP Logo screen with the loading bar. But after all of these the screen will simply go dark, and i'll have to force shutdown the machine.

So I booted up from the Windows XP Install CD and got to Windows Setup, but that too once it got to "Setup is loading (Windows Executive)" or something along those lines, the screen would go dark and i'd have to force shutdown the machine.

At this point I don't care if I lose the data on my HD , I just want to get the labtop operational.

I worked on a pc that had almost this same problem. The registry was corrupted. I had to wipe it clean and reinstall the os.
Good Luck

I never got a repair option because of it shutting down to early. The farthest I get booting from CD is the blue windows setup screen, I get a prompt to install a driver if I wish, then as soon as it loads Windows Executive (or something along these lines) it will shutdown.

Edit: As to the post you linked to, it would seem the computer shuts down right BEFORE the screen i'd need to be at to repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back