Problem Installing A Radeon x800 PRO 256MB PCI EXPRESS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well i just bought it took off the case to put it in. And it wont fit anywhere. Its PCI Express So i needs to go in the AGP Slot. But it wont fit in there i tried the PCI Slot anyway and it doesnt go in there. My AGP Slot Should be 1 continuous Slot but its not it looks Identical to a pci slot (With a break near the Right End). But its brown, and is to the right of the other slots

You cannot put a PCI-Express video card into a PCI slot or an AGP slot. You have likely received the wrong card for that system.

You will need to return the card and get the AGP 4x/8x version.

It will only work in newer mainboards with special PCI-Express expansion slots. These come in some varieties- PCI-Ex16, PCI-Ex4, etc.etc. PCI-Express videocards require a mainboard with at least one PCIEx16 slot, which if you have AGP, surely (like 99.9% certain) does not have ANY PCI-Express slots.

PCI-E is totally different from PCI. So you have a standard AGP + PCI mainboard..which will not have a slot for that card. You must return it and get the AGP4X/8X model if you wish to use it... else upgrade/replace your mainboard, likely CPU and memory, etc.etc. to a newer, PCI-E mainboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back