Problem with afd.sys file. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR EQUAL

Status
Not open for further replies.
My new Mesh computer has crashed three times now and I keep getting the message below.

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
afd.sys
F3AC656C base at F3AB5000, datestamp, 41107EB5

I've no idea what the driver is for. I've attached the most recent dump file.

I hope someone can translate it. It's all nonsense to me.

Thanks in advance.

That dump's blaming Zonealarm. Has the problem started since updating Zonealarm?

You'll need to supply some more minidumps to see if the problem is consistent.

BugCheck 100000D1, {a07005e, 2, 0, f41a656c}
Probably caused by : vsdatant.sys ( vsdatant+42741 ) <-- Zonealarm.
Image name: vsdatant.sys Timestamp: Tue Jan 09 05:40:47 2007 (45A2AC4F)

Thank you.

The problem has started since installing ZoneAlarm. This is a brand new PC but the antivirus/firewall software it came ith was BullGuard and it was useless so I got rid of it and installed AVG and ZA. If it happens again I'll post some more minidumps. That's the only one I could find.

Scratch that. I have two more. Whether or not they refer to this problem I don't know.

Thanks for your help.

Remove Zone Alarm for now, and use Windows Firewall to see what happens.
We see Zone Alarm problems with many machines using IE7 from a download install.
Try using Mozilla Firefox 2.0, to see what happens. My guess is that it will work with Firefox... then you can tweak IE7

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I can confirm that all your minidumps crash at Zonealarm. This is a known issue on some systems/configurations.

Download the free Kerio firewall programme from HERE.

Now, disconnect from the net and completely uninstall Zonealarm and reboot your system. Install the kerio firewall and reboot again. Reconnect to the net and see how it goes.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

To raybay: I already use Firefox 2.0 and I haven't installed IE7 yet for it is evil and eBay's Turbolister has issues with it.

Regards,
Lauren

To Howard: Will Kerio work alright with AVG? It hasn't crashed now in two days. I think I will wait and see for the moment. If it does it again I may try to uninstall/reinstall ZA first then if the problem persists I'll try Kerio. (I'm a bit scared of using firewall or antivirus programs that I've never heard of.)

I really appreciate all your advice on this matter. I just didn't know what was causing the problem. Now I do. Thank you!

Regards,
Lauren

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back