Problems with AIM and Windows Media Player 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

Recently, my computer was in standby and when it came back on, my wireless wasn't working. I figured it wasn't a big deal so I restarted my computer, but it never turned on...it went in a loop from the booting to a flash of the blue error screen after the windows xp logo had stayed on for awhile. After the blue screen, it went back to the boot menu, giving me options now of starting with last known good config, safe mode, etc. However, none of those modes worked, and I ended up doing a system restore. Once I got it up and running I did a chkdsk and it found bad sectors. For the chkdsk, I had the boxes checked to automatically fix file system errors and scan for and attempt for recovery of bad sectors.
It's running and I thought everything was fine. Now, my AOL instant messenger will not load, nor will my windows media player. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both programs, but neither are working still. I just had my computer fixed one month ago and it has been running great, up until this happened. I'm confused as to why it even happened and would just like to have a working computer! If anyone could help me, it would be greatly appreciated!! I am contacting the man who fixed my computer, but he is back at home, and I'm away at school. So, if I am at all able to fix it with your help, I would appreciate it.

Thanks for your help in advance!
Katie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back