Product key not valid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havok

Hey everyone,
I've added Windows xp home addition to my build as it is a good OS and is sturdy. However, the product key said it wasn't valid. Where can I get a different one?

Make sure you have typed the key in correctly... some can be a bit awkward.

If you cannot at least install the OS with the key there isn't a whole lot you can do but get another copy of XP on a disk. You may not have a genuine copy... have you used the OS before? You can usually install any genuine copy with a valid key but then run into activations issues with the key. In that case, you can call MS and have them walk you thru it but I'm not sure if they issue new keys directly.

Ya, I've used the disk before and I havn't completly installed it as I still am needing the product key. However, this is not to big of a issue anymore as I found a CD with Windows Xp Home. Its just about the same and I've had no problems with it. However, since I still have XP on a Partition and all of my other files from before are still on that partion with windows xp. How would I go about deleting the old Windows XP proffesional partition and everything on it? Would I just format that partition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back