Program in background makes windows messenger noises

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beast_

Even without having windows messenger or msn messenger processes running, when my comp is on idle it plays random windows messenger noises, such as the 'signing in" and "message" noises. Any one know whats going on?

I doubt it's spyware becase this comp is fairly new.

Spyware and viruses don`t care if the system is only 5 minutes old.

Let`s check to make sure eh?

Go and read this thread HERE.

Post a HJT log as an attachment into this thread and I`ll take a look and advise.

Regards Howard :)

HijackThis Log

Here is my HijackThis Log. Thank you for your support.

Also, I ran many spyware scans and a virus scan; nothing relevant to the situation was found.

Regards,

Alex

Your HJT log is clean, although it does seem a little short, especially in the 023 services catagory.

Have you tried doing a system restore to before the problem occured?

System Restore

I'm not too familiar with System Restore. I think it just recovers the registry, not removing programs if they were installed on the computer or not. This is just from my own personal experience. Do you know a bit on system restore and what it does?

Regards,

Alex.

System restore does exactly what it says on the tin. It restores your computer to an earlier time. This enables you to go back in time to before any problems occured. See HERE for more details.

did you know that 67% of PCs have spyware, and that the average Windows based PC is attacked with 2min of being online.

Perform a Spyware scan, and then perform a Virus Scan i usually reccommend Webroot Spysweeper and Mcafee VirusScan with Zonealarm free version. After you do all this, flush you system restore cache: Start-control Panel-Performance and Maintenence- choose "free up space on hard disk" then at tabs along the top click "more options" and then click clean up on system restore section.

WARNING!!: this will cause you to lose all you previous restore points, however many viruses and spyware reside on the system restore folder, so even if you scan and delete the virus, it can still reappear. So deleting the restore cache will delete all forms of this.

...AMD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back