Programs crash with "the program has unexpecticly ended..." & windows reboots

Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed a fresh copy of windows xp with sp2. Before i had Windows xp without sp2 and there were same problems. They began when i added my sata 300gb hdd. Before everything worked ok with two 120gb ata drives. Now suddenly my system keeps crashing programs, games and everything actually. I installed newest drivers for my gfx card also the system is up2date. I tried linux because i thought this were Windows only problems and same problems were there too. So i'm completly lost. Except that this could be hdd problem? Actually, the drive got errors when copying from disk -> another hdd. But i solved them with buying new power supply and that error doesn't show up again. I'm lost and if anyone can help me please do.

Lp,
e6

You don't list your Hardware model/brands etc.nor list their config arrangement.
However when you added the drive did you install new chipset software to properly deal with the SATA? These are dealt with more like a scsi with raid options.
Iwould do a search for your Mb,new Hdd and make sure you have the latest software/drivers for Bios ,chipset and related software.

Ok i solved my problem.

My specs:

Amd athlon 2400 xp+
Asus a7v600
Ati Radeon 9600 pro 128mb
120gb ata hdd
300gb sata hdd

The problem was in cpu. In bios i setted 2000mhz and programs started to crash. Now i setted back to 1500 and everything seems to work ok for 2 days now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back