.pst problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok i have a problem. i have a guy who copied a .pst file for outlook 2k3 onto a cd-r. problem is that when i try to copy it to disk i get an error. it says "cannot copy Personal Folders(1): The Parameter is incorrect." is there anyone out there that would have any ideas as to what i can do. since it being on a cd-r i dont think there is anything i can do. i have tried everything i can think of. nothing works. i can not extract it off the cd and i cannot repair it because its on a cd. any ideas?

PFC Howe, Kristopher
puke: :dead:

You tried opening the disk with windows explorer and dragging the file to your computer? Or try opening the file with Outlook.

Try the Import command in Outlook.
or Xcopy from a Command Prompt as an Administrator
or try to take Ownership of the file (Although I am not sure this will work with the file on a CD)

ok i have tried copying it from explorer and tried opening it from outlook. explorer gives my the bad parameter thing and my outlook just freezes up. for the second guy, i can not change the permissions due to it being on a cd. as for the xcopy i tried that and it gives me the bad parameter error like trying to do it through gui. i even tried it from the origional computer under the creators username thinking that may help as well.

If you can use the original computer(as Administrator) > Remove the Read Only attribute from the file before copying. This is on the property sheet for the file

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back