Putting in a second 7950

Hamfish

Hey guys I have decided that I'm going to buy a second 7950 and I am wondering what I have to do to install it correctly when I already have one installed

Check your power supply to make sure it can handle the additional 7950. For a system using two Radeon HD 7950 graphics cards in 2-way CrossFireX mode, AMD specifies a minimum of an 700 Watt or greater power supply. The power supply should also have a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 46 Amps or greater and have at least four 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

What are you system specs? You need a PSU that can handle xfire like Spykexp said. Also, you need a motherboard that can run 2x 7950s @ x8 + x8.

I have a thermaltake 750w bronze certified power supply ( can't remember the exact model, I'll check it when I get home) and a asus sabertooth 990fx r.2 motherboard

I'm pretty sure I my computer can handle it it's just my worry is what I have to do to get the card running properly in crossfire with the other

Ok my psu is Thermaltake smart series Sp 750m

That MOBO is fine. It allows for Dual x16 links for SLI/CFX. As for the PSU, it should also be fine. It's not most reputable brand when it comes to PSU's but it should get the job done.

Back