question about video cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

tappingthevein

I am buying my first laptop, i know im a rookie. Well i have no idea what to look for in a video card. I know my younger brother likes to play world of warcraft, and i was wondering if i need a certain graphics card to play this game, or if it comes with my laptop. any feedback is apprecited.

I need to know what laptop your getting and its specs. Here is a list for WOW system requirements:

* Intel Pentium® III 800 MHz or AMD Athlon 800 MHz
* 512 MB or more of RAM
* 32 MB 3D graphics card with Hardware Transform and Lighting, such as NVIDIA® GeForce™ 2 class card or above
* DirectX® 9.0c (included) and latest video drivers
* 6.0 GB available HD space
* 4x CD-ROM drive
* A 56k or better Internet connection

I'm pretty sure a 2-3 year old laptop could play this game. But for optimal performance, get a newer laptop.

im not exactly sure what laptop to get either. haha. it will be my first computer, but i'm looking into a Dell Inspiron B130 . it has 1 gig DDR2 SDRAM and 80 gig hard drive. thats all i know. is that an okay laptop?

The inspiron b130 may not be good enough to play wow so you need a different laptop. also there is no upgrading video cards on laptops. you need an xps to play wow.

laptops are tricky for gaming. Unlike a desktop, the graphics card you get is pretty much what you will always have. No upgrading. So if you have a hair on your body that likes games (and the extra bucks to blow), get yourself a notebook that will last a few years.

Something with at least a geforce GO 6800 series, preferably the 7800 series.

If you are a bajillionaire, get one with the 7900 series.

thats an ok labtop my friend has the same one. the graphics card is ehhhh kinda crappy even for a labtop, it costs around 900 dollars or more. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16834115223
this is ur best bet for the price. will play mostly any game u throw at it, and will more than play world of warcraft on high settings. 1.66 ghz duel processor, 1gig ram, 100 gb hard drive, and radeon x1400

this labtop is definately in ur budget range.
ps. dont go dell, dell rips u off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back