quick question about getting a new video card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bottlenecking ?

ok so here is my question. my current set up is
Amd Athlon 2700+ XP 2.2 ghz
1gig pc 3200 kingston
Asus A7V8X-X Moher Board
Geforce FX 5700 256 mb 8X AGP.

i currenty play Counter Strike Source alot and was wondering if i bought a Geforce 6800 GT 0C 256 MB 8X AGP if my pc would bottleneck the card causing it to run crappy. if anyone knows please post so i dont go out an waste my money if its going to run like crap.

the reason i wanted to get a new one is b/c i only get about 50 fps in source. so yea i just went out and bought the 6800 but beeing that i havent reformatted in about 3 years i am going to do so. hopefully i will be getting alot better fps when i install the card.ill post again around 11pm est. after i get in from work.

ok so im home on break from work. figured i would pop the card in real quick. installed easily and got new drivers for it. but the only problem i have is. im getting worse frames with this card then i was with my 5700.im still going to reformat when i come home. but just wondering if anyone knows what it could be.

dedust200009hm.jpg

ok well people have told me it is my processor. so i have decided to upgrade to a AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Venice 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Processor and a new mobo. but now i have another problem. i do not have a credit/debit card so i am trying to use bill me later but whenever i go to submit order i get this error.my total is$356.83 and it says i have been aproved to use bill me later. so if anyone knows please help me so i can order my items.my billing adress name and everything is correct and i have tried multiple times over about 4 hours and i keep getting the same message.

An important message from Bill Me Later® and Newegg.com

We apologize that we are not able to authorize payment for your order now.

Newegg.com offers a variety of different payment options, from credit/debit cards and checks, to gift certificates and PayPal.

To opt for another payment method and proceed with checkout, click here.

There are multiple reasons why a purchase will not be authorized and there are also some simple things listed below that you can do to make sure you have the best opportunity to use Bill Me Later® successfully.

* Make sure you have entered your first and last name, current home address and telephone number correctly.

* Make sure you have entered your correct date of birth and last four digits of your Social Security Number.

We encourage you to try again if you feel this message was prompted in error.

Bill Me Later® will send a more confidential letter to your billing address within 7 days via US Mail.

If you have any questions in the meantime, please visit our FAQ section or contact Bill Me Later® directly for assistance.

wait before you order, the resion u might be getting worce freamerates is because you didnt uninstall the 5700 drivers i would try that fisst and install the 6800 drivs

jsut a tohgutht

I've used newegg's prepaid check option. I just read the faq, and followed the on screen directions. Then I send a check (w/ so# in the memo box), and the confirmation letter to the newegg address. When they recieved and processed my check, then they shipped my order. It took 8 days from when I sent the check to when my stuff arrived.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back