Random BSOD can't understand why!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quad Q6600 and Vista x64, Intel chipset, Java, Azureus cause for BSOD?

Hi guys, (UPDATE read belove)

I would really like some help if possible.

I've recently bought a new moutherbouard the Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R rev.2.0 and 2 of Crucial DDR2 BallistiX PC8500 2048MB CL5 and i now get Random BSOD's.
This normally happens after 1-3 hours after installing Windows Vista Ultimate x64 with all drivers contained on the Gigabyte retail CD as well as latest stable Nvidia drivers for my ASUS Nvidia 8800GTS 320MB graphic card and Intel chipset contained on the Gigabyte retail CD latest.

The bosd its mostly random and doesn't always come that often. Sometimes it can take 5h for a bsod to apper.
As far as i can see it has to do with either Intel's chipset drivers or the Nvidia drivers. I've also try d my hardware (Intel Quad Q6600 and Crucial DDR2 BallistiX PC8500) on my old ASUS P5N-E SLI board and i do not have any problems there except that P5N-E SLI is too weak to handle my Q6600 when i OC and i have quite alot tweaking to get it stable.

Another strange problem is that i cannot run my RAM at 1066Mhz as told by the specifications of the ram and motherboard. When trying to do so i can't even get by Windows log in screen i get strange error like "some windows files are missing use the recovery CD and such" But as soon as i set RAM to under 1066 i can boot. I've also run windows memory test without any errors also run Prime95 for 1h and 30min OC'd without any errors. This it's all very strange to me and i haven't located the problem i need help so i now turn to you guys.

My system is currently overclocked (i also get bsod when not overclocked) So it's all very strange to me.

System Spec:

CPU Properties
CPU Type QuadCore Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
CPU Alias Kentsfield
CPU Stepping G0
CPUID Revision 000006FBh
Core Voltage 1.275 V (AUTO)
CPU Clock 3420.0 MHz (original: 2400 MHz, overclock: 43%)
CPU Multiplier 9.0x
CPU FSB 380.0 MHz (original: 266 MHz, overclock: 43%)
Memory Bus 475.0 MHz
DRAM:FSB Ratio 10:8

Chipset Properties
Ram 2* Crucial DDR2 BallistiX PC8500 2048MB CL5
Memory Timings 5-6-6-22 (CL-RCD-RP-RAS) (AUTO)
Command Rate (CR) 2T

I also attach two of the bsod's

UPDATE: I manage to get WinDbg to work trough MS own symbol server the results points to ntkrnlmp.exe and what i can understand that has to do with the CPU, and it can be a bios problem or something els wrong with the CPU am not sure need ur help. It can also be something wrong with Azureus or Java it seems towards this, any ides please! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back