Random BSOD

Every now and then I get a bsod. On the screen it says: L1c62x64. I've read that it is related to Atheros network. I have installed the latest version after first bsod weeks ago, but the problem is still here. Now I was watching a movie when it happened. I've attached a zip with last 3 minidumps. I can provide more details about PC if needed.

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    99 KB · Views: 3
If you think it is your hard drive, find out the manufacturer and download their test utility. Some test within windows, better if you can burn a cd and test the hard drive when you boot up. BTW I was too lazy to read the Minidump files and was going by what Tmagic650 was saying.

Just did a quick test with WD Lifeguard and it passed, so I dont think it's a problem with the Hdd. The SSD it's a 520 series with 800 hours on so I guess it's something with some driver not the hardware, but I cant read minidump:(

I downloaded the minidump file and almost had a dump myself...no idea of how to read them. Well, for general troubleshooting I do general maintenance while looking for clues. For example is the computer and the fans clean inside or full of dust? Overheating parts can cause random shut downs. Have you installed anything or changed anything recently? A look in the 'Device Manager' should indicate if there are any easy major problems. There will be an exclamation mark on the part that is not working well. Is everything seated and connected well?

The hard drive has been checked o.k. so at most I would do a full chkdsk to ensure it is not writing to any bad memory giving a corrupt read and a bsod. then download memtest and check the DDR memory. An error there will cause a random bsod as well.

I have read the posts on L1c62x64.sys problems as well. If you know your machine has the "Atheros" network component, I would go into device manager, find the Atheros (I assume under Network Adapters) go for uninstall and reboot the computer. When it restarts it should take a second and re-find the component and install the drivers (assuming it all looked good in Device Manager when you looked first-no problems).

the last thing I can think of is the drivers. Do you have the motherboard chipset drivers installed, and update your other drivers. It seems excessive, but I reboot between updates even if not required as it reloads the registry with the new info. That's about it off the top of my head with no new info. Advice...your mileage may vary...I have an Intel Chipset and LAN so I find this useful:
http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect

Of course it can only tell you the Intel drivers that there are updates for.

If it still happens, need more details and perhaps someone smarter to look at this thread, like someone that can read the minidump

I have no problem with temps and dust, it's a new Zalman Z5+. The drivers are up to date, I just found today a new update for Atheros network. Damn Gigabyte, they should've used Realtek. No problems in device manager and windows does not have a driver for my network card, must install it manually.
Intel Chipset and Rapid Storage up to date.
Havent tested the memory yet but I've seen PC-s with broken memory and much more errors and bsods. And It's a young memory,4 months old 8gb corsair 1600mhz.
Cant remember if I had any before the new case 2 months ago. Maybe I've twisted to much a sata cable or something but I guess that would be shown in hdd or ssd tests.

If you have an Intel CPU turn off C3 and C6 settings in the bios and make sure that the thermal CPU setting is off also

Under ADVANCED FREQUENCY SETTINGS, ADVANCED CPU CORE FEATURES,
Disable:
C3/C6 State Support and
CPU Thermal Monitor

I find random BSOD's the hardest to troubleshoot. I would test that memory though even if brand new, I would try it in different slots, I would try only I stick in 1 slot, and then try the other stick in the first slot after. Sometimes it is just memory incompatibility with the mobo. I suppose it's worth a look into the Event Viewer, but for BSOD's it usually has helpful entries like "computer stopped unexpectedly"......no more ideas

Back