Solved Random explorer crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey i have kind of a big problem. My explorer keeps restarting (not IE) and where the mini icons for the programs is suposed to be theres only a V instad of an icon. I can see the klock etc but not the minimized programs.

Have no clue why this would happen and it's been going on for a couple of days now. Crashes seem to be random. I did notice that if i set the game Heroes of newerth to exclusive mode it starts to crash all the time. If i turn it off only some times. The restart seems to happen randomly while i watch movies, play games, surf etc. Never seen it restart while im not at the PC though never came home to see the need of a restart.

Now some of you may think it's the game in that case, but i have had it for quite some while now and it only started happening a few days ago. No new patch so that can't be it.

Thank you for any help you can give.

PS. You can acces the programs if you klick on the V's just the icon changed.

Here is a screen shot. http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/4097/screenshotep.jpg

Edit: I just noticed that it happens everytime i start a Fullscreen game. I main play windowed so didnt notice untill now.

If you would like us to check the system for malware, please follow the steps in the Preliminary Virus and Malware Removal thread HERE.

When you have finished, leave the logs for review in your next reply .

Please do not use any other cleaning programs or scans while I'm helping you, unless I direct you to. Do not use a Registry cleaner or make any changes in the Registry.

Step 2: Temporary File Cleaner

Download TFC to your desktop
Open the program and close any other windows.
TFC will close all programs when run, make sure to let it run uninterrupted.
Click the Start button to begin the process. The program should not take long to finish its job.
TFC requires a reboot immediately after running. Be sure to save any unsaved work before running TFC. It should reboot your machine, if not, do it yourself to ensure a complete clean process.
TFC only cleans temp folders. TFC will not clean URL history, prefetch, or cookies.
TFC (Temp File Cleaner) will clear out all temp folders for all user accounts (temp, IE temp, java, FF, Opera, Chrome, Safari), including Administrator, All Users, LocalService, NetworkService, and any other accounts in the user folder.

After i did that step everything started working and the icons became normal. No crash so far. Dont know what the problem was :S Sould i be worried and so the rest or would that be the end of it?

TFC only cleans temp folders.

IF there was a file or folder in the temp files that was causing some kind of system problem, deleting these files could have resolved the problem. But if there is a malware related cause, TFC doesn't handle it.

See how it runs and if the problem begins again, I suggest you run the programs in the steps.

The choice is yours.

You're welcome. I'll close this thread. If the problem starts up again, start a new thread and follow the steps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back