Random Minimizing to Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.
So yea, I'll be playing a game and then it will minimize to the desktop and leave me VERY annoyed!
This all began after updating my anti-virus program (AVG free edition).
I have had a problem exactly like this in the past with iexplore.exe opening in the background (hidden from view) and minimizing my games, but this problem was solved and iexplore.exe does not appear to be the culprit this time.

Logs are attached and thank you in advance :)

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    8.9 KB · Views: 5
Remove AVG antivirus and install Avast or Advir free antivirus... Update XP to Service Pack 3, and IE7 to IE8. You are probably missing many more Windows Updates. Installing these updates can make your PC run better and increase Windows security

For some odd reason windows update is not working at all. I would check all the boxes in automatic updates and hit accept but they would never download (no download progress meter on the icon in the bottom right). Upon shutdown it would say it was *installing updates* but when re-checking to see what updates were now available, the same ones were still there.

The automatic updates icon that informs when new updates are available has now disappeared entirely. I have also tried using the windows update website but get an error every time I attempt to access it.

No solution

I've decided because I can not solve this problem, I will take this opportunity to purchase windows 7 and format my computer. It has been 2 years and I've not once format so I suppose it is about due.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back