Random non-fatal but annoying and could-be serious events.

Status
Not open for further replies.

agi_shi

Hi all! I built my computer, installed xp and then all my drivers and a few games (ok, one game - Narbacular Drop).

Here are a few events that have happened so far. When the computer is on and is at use or not, it is 100% stable and fast.

But:

1) Just today, I went to Start -> Shutdown and my pc did not respond. Mouse moved, but couldn't do anything, just like when explorer.exe is closed... So I used task manager to kill explorer and started it again, and my computer was fine. Mouse and keys worked, as if I didn't order it to shut down. Then I go to the ctrl+alt+del window and press on "shutdown". Same thing happens. But this time I couldn't open task manager...

2) Sometimes when I start/restart my computer, it hangs on the windows "loading" screen (the windows logo with little blue bar moving "indicating" windows is "loading"). Just stays there... I have to hardware reboot by shorting the motherboard reboot pins (with my reboot button). If windows asks me before boot if I "want to use the last good configuration that worked", and I choose that option, it boots 100% of the time fine... It boots fine without me telling it "last good configuration that worked" about 80% of the time...

3) Sometimes, but very rarely I turn on my pc, and everything works, but my monitor recieves no signal... It's just a matter of turning it off and on once to get it working, but still...

I thank everyone who is able to help me!

Anyone?

agi_shi said:
Hi all! I built my computer, installed xp and then all my drivers and a few games (ok, one game - Narbacular Drop).

Here are a few events that have happened so far. When the computer is on and is at use or not, it is 100% stable and fast.

But:

1) Just today, I went to Start -> Shutdown and my pc did not respond. Mouse moved, but couldn't do anything, just like when explorer.exe is closed... So I used task manager to kill explorer and started it again, and my computer was fine. Mouse and keys worked, as if I didn't order it to shut down. Then I go to the ctrl+alt+del window and press on "shutdown". Same thing happens. But this time I couldn't open task manager...

2) Sometimes when I start/restart my computer, it hangs on the windows "loading" screen (the windows logo with little blue bar moving "indicating" windows is "loading"). Just stays there... I have to hardware reboot by shorting the motherboard reboot pins (with my reboot button). If windows asks me before boot if I "want to use the last good configuration that worked", and I choose that option, it boots 100% of the time fine... It boots fine without me telling it "last good configuration that worked" about 80% of the time...

3) Sometimes, but very rarely I turn on my pc, and everything works, but my monitor recieves no signal... It's just a matter of turning it off and on once to get it working, but still...

I thank everyone who is able to help me!
Anyone....?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back