random reboots(with minidump)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i get random reboots occasionally(once every few days, usually while playing a game)

this time i finnaly decided to check the event log and it shows

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000008e (0xc0000005, 0xb2579ffa, 0xafb04ca8, 0x00000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini081607-01.dmp.

so i remembered people posting dumps here from along time ago when i was rebuilding my computer and it turned out i had a faulty motherboard, so i figured id give it a shot again, so here it is.

thanks in advance.

That crash is caused by XDva024.sys. I can't find any info on this file. Do a search on your system to see if you can find out if it belongs to anything. It might be an infection as it's only two weeks old.

BugCheck 1000008E, {c0000005, b2579ffa, afb04ca8, 0}
Probably caused by : XDva024.sys ( XDva024+ffa )
b2579000 b257cb60 XDva024 XDva024.sys Thu Aug 02 18:39:29 2007 (46B1B461)

I agree with peterdiva, that may be an infection/rootkit.

Please visit this link http://virusscan.jotti.org/
* Click the Browse... button
* Navigate to the following file C:\windows\system32\XDva024.sys
* Click Open
* Please let me know the results.

If that doesn`t give you any conclusive info, do the following.

Go HERE and follow the instructions in Step11 only

Then, go and read this thread HERE and post a HJT log as an attachment into this thread.

Regards Howard :)

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Search your system for the file, then submit it for testing over at Jotti`s.

Regards Howard :)

still not there, im scanning with rootkitrevealer right now.
i just remembered, when it happened i was playing a game and my antivirus started updating(i can tell cause my framerate dropped and the harddrive was buzzing)

though i still cant find the suspicious file.

heres the 3 other dumps from the times its rebooted since my last reformat, maybe theyre crashing on the same file or might have some other clues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back