Razer mouse sensitivity out of wack on Linux

Jskid

I got a left handed Razer Deathadder mouse :) I installed the drivers on Windows and it works great. Sadly there aren't any drivers for Linux and the mouse sensitivity is all messed up. In the settings I have 0 acceleration but it still moves to fast at the slightest movement. Any solutions?

Yep Linux is awful in this regard.
Is the problem that the sensitivity is too high or that you have unwanted mouse acceleration?

Thanks it worked:) But I can't figure out how to get it to automatically do this at start up. I created the file but don't know how to make it load when I log in (the directions are too unclear to me).

Thanks it worked:) But I can't figure out how to get it to automatically do this at start up. I created the file but don't know how to make it load when I log in (the directions are too unclear to me).
Can you please make clear which Linux distribution and desktop environment are you using?

I assume you are using something Ubuntu based. First you need to open 50-mouse-deceleration.conf in a text editor as super user :
Code:
sudo nano /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-mouse-deceleration.conf

Then put these inside that file :
Code:
Section "InputClass"
  Identifier      "Razer DeathAdder"
  MatchProduct    "Razer DeathAdder"
  Option          "ConstantDeceleration" "5"
EndSection

Then press CTRL+X , answer yes to save the changes and reboot.

Resource : ArchLinux Wiki

Back