Razer mouse sensitivity out of wack on Linux

Jskid

I got a left handed Razer Deathadder mouse :) I installed the drivers on Windows and it works great. Sadly there aren't any drivers for Linux and the mouse sensitivity is all messed up. In the settings I have 0 acceleration but it still moves to fast at the slightest movement. Any solutions?

hellokitty[hk]

Yep Linux is awful in this regard.
Is the problem that the sensitivity is too high or that you have unwanted mouse acceleration?

Jskid

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks it worked:) But I can't figure out how to get it to automatically do this at start up. I created the file but don't know how to make it load when I log in (the directions are too unclear to me).

Siavash

Thanks it worked:) But I can't figure out how to get it to automatically do this at start up. I created the file but don't know how to make it load when I log in (the directions are too unclear to me).
Can you please make clear which Linux distribution and desktop environment are you using?

I assume you are using something Ubuntu based. First you need to open 50-mouse-deceleration.conf in a text editor as super user :
Code:
sudo nano /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-mouse-deceleration.conf

Then put these inside that file :
Code:
Section "InputClass"
  Identifier      "Razer DeathAdder"
  MatchProduct    "Razer DeathAdder"
  Option          "ConstantDeceleration" "5"
EndSection

Then press CTRL+X , answer yes to save the changes and reboot.

Resource : ArchLinux Wiki