Razer releases its RGB face mask for a public beta test

mongeese

Staff
Highly anticipated: If you’ve ever wished that your face looked like a gaming PC’s transparent side panel, today’s your chance to make that happen. Sign up for the only face mask to ever need a public beta test, today.

At CES, Razer displayed an RGB-infused N95 face mask that garnered enough attention to compel them to turn it into a real product. It was called Project Hazel at the time, but it’s now the Razer Zephyr.

A zephyr is a westerly wind or a gentle breeze, which is what you’ll feel inside the mask thanks to its active ventilation that whisks heat away. That’s one of a few little features that Razer included to make you feel like you’re inside a gaming PC.

Another is the overwhelming amount of RGB. It has two large RGB rings with addressable zones that surround the filters and spill light onto your face, illuminating your mouth through the triangular window. The RGB is compatible with Razer Chroma, so you can sync it up to your keyboard or PC’s lightshow.

Zephyr, compared to the concept renders of Hazel, is a bit larger. The mask now has a Darth Vader-style grill below the mouth, which presumably houses the microphone and speaker. Allegedly they’re to help you speak clearly through the mask, but I’d much rather modify them to make myself sound like Vader. (Make it a feature, Razer.)

Zephyr also has a silicon guard that creates an airtight seal between your face and the mask, which should prevent it from fogging up your glasses (the window inside the mask has an anti-fog coating). Project Hazel’s ear loops were replaced with adjustable straps that wrap around your head, a bit like a VR headset’s.

For important health purposes the Zephyr has replaceable N95 filters, and ventilators that need recharging once a day. It comes with a wireless charging case with sterilizing UV lights inside.

If you’re interested, Razer’s public beta test of the Zephyr is global and free, although by signing up you’re agreeing to allow Razer to use photos of you wearing the mask for promotional purposes. You’ll probably save a few hundred dollars by picking one up in the test instead of buying one when they hit the market sometime in Q4.

Permalink to story.

Hey if it gets MFers to actually start wearing masks again to curve down on the spread of the delta variant, I am 100% for it.

Lmao, this is ridiculous. Masks don’t even work at stopping the spread of COVID. So many studies showing “no conclusive evidence” that masks slow anything in the public space. I’d definitely stay well away from anyone wearing this garbage. Not because of any pathogens but purely because you have to be a special kind of stupid to both believe in mask wearing and also pay for a device like this.

Just get the vaccine and you can go back to normal, you can visit a crowded bar, a packed out stadium, travel on public transport, meet random individuals from tinder for promiscuous sex all without wearing a mask and your risk of sickness and death is still miniscule.

Lmao, this is ridiculous. Masks don’t even work at stopping the spread of COVID. So many studies showing “no conclusive evidence” that masks slow anything in the public space. I’d definitely stay well away from anyone wearing this garbage. Not because of any pathogens but purely because you have to be a special kind of stupid to both believe in mask wearing and also pay for a device like this.

Just get the vaccine and you can go back to normal, you can visit a crowded bar, a packed out stadium, travel on public transport, meet random individuals from tinder for promiscuous sex all without wearing a mask and your risk of sickness and death is still miniscule.
If that circus-related thing is the mask, I prefer the virus.

Lmao, this is ridiculous. Masks don’t even work at stopping the spread of COVID. So many studies showing “no conclusive evidence” that masks slow anything in the public space.

Masks do slow down the transmission of covid if worn properly by reducing airborne particulate spread to/from the mouth.

Vaccines are the solution, hands down - but masks do play a part in reducing transmission rates. Very reputable sources such as the Mayo Clinic have numerous studies to review that prove this.

Masks may not prevent the spread of covid but this pandemic is a nice excuse to wear a mask so people don't know who you are.
Women like it so they don’t have to put make up on. That makes more sense to me than wearing it to stop a microscopic virus from infecting you.
Masks do slow down the transmission of covid if worn properly by reducing airborne particulate spread to/from the mouth.

Vaccines are the solution, hands down - but masks do play a part in reducing transmission rates. Very reputable sources such as the Mayo Clinic have numerous studies to review that prove this.
Masks do not slow down the transmission by a measurable amount. If you believe otherwise then provide evidence. Every test I’ve read about show no conclusive evidence.

Tfw the vaccine push only serves to give rise to the evolution of a super virus science cannot stop. At which point you can't deal with the virus, only the infected. Global genocide is coming. These are the end times.

#ChristIsKing
If there is a genocide coming, it’s the people who didn’t have the vaccine that are going to die.

Women like it so they don’t have to put make up on. That makes more sense to me than wearing it to stop a microscopic virus from infecting you.

Masks do not slow down the transmission by a measurable amount. If you believe otherwise then provide evidence. Every test I’ve read about show no conclusive evidence.
The proof is: Any hospital since the beginning of them using science to do things. It catches particles you exhale. Covid is the most infectious if you're within the range of inhaling someone else's mouth particles. That's why lockdowns work, because it forces people to stay apart.

I’m unsure which tests you’ve been reading, but all of the tests that can be found in a quick Google search state otherwise:

(There has been one controlled trial of mask use for influenza control in the general community (14). The study looked at Australian households, was not done during a pandemic, and was done without any enforcement of compliance. It found that “in an adjusted analysis of compliant subjects, masks as a group had protective efficacy in excess of 80% against clinical influenza-like illness.” However, the authors noted that they “found compliance to be low, but compliance is affected by perception of risk. In a pandemic, we would expect compliance to improve.” In compliant users, masks were highly effective at reducing transmission.)

(Can face masks help slow the spread of the coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) that causes COVID-19? Yes. Face masks combined with other preventive measures, such as getting vaccinated, frequent hand-washing and physical distancing, can help slow the spread of the virus.)

(One category of evidence comes from laboratory studies of respiratory droplets and the ability of various masks to block them. An experimentusing high-speed video found that hundreds of droplets ranging from 20 to 500 micrometers were generated when saying a simple phrase, but that nearly all these droplets were blocked when the mouth was covered by a damp washcloth. Another study of people who had influenza or the common cold found that wearing a surgical mask significantly reduced the amount of these respiratory viruses emitted in droplets and aerosols.)

This is from a 3 minute search on Google. There are plenty more to follow.

The science and facts are out there my dude, all in plain sight and easily accessible.

I'm stuck in between:

No step on snek.

And...

I actually don't wanna breath the same air as most people anyway.

Not the correct attitude for someone who is a believer in Christ, but just being blunt because I feel many people hold that sentiment about breathing the same air.

I’m unsure which tests you’ve been reading, but all of the tests that can be found in a quick Google search state otherwise:

(There has been one controlled trial of mask use for influenza control in the general community (14). The study looked at Australian households, was not done during a pandemic, and was done without any enforcement of compliance. It found that “in an adjusted analysis of compliant subjects, masks as a group had protective efficacy in excess of 80% against clinical influenza-like illness.” However, the authors noted that they “found compliance to be low, but compliance is affected by perception of risk. In a pandemic, we would expect compliance to improve.” In compliant users, masks were highly effective at reducing transmission.)

(Can face masks help slow the spread of the coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) that causes COVID-19? Yes. Face masks combined with other preventive measures, such as getting vaccinated, frequent hand-washing and physical distancing, can help slow the spread of the virus.)

(One category of evidence comes from laboratory studies of respiratory droplets and the ability of various masks to block them. An experimentusing high-speed video found that hundreds of droplets ranging from 20 to 500 micrometers were generated when saying a simple phrase, but that nearly all these droplets were blocked when the mouth was covered by a damp washcloth. Another study of people who had influenza or the common cold found that wearing a surgical mask significantly reduced the amount of these respiratory viruses emitted in droplets and aerosols.)

This is from a 3 minute search on Google. There are plenty more to follow.

The science and facts are out there my dude, all in plain sight and easily accessible.
Lmao. Read your own links. They say that the study is not conclusive and even list why it might be so.

The vast majority of studies found the same thing. There is no hard evidence in existence that masks make anything but a mild difference at most. If you have googled then you should know this.

The problem is mask wearing may reduce droplets being projected but does not prevent viruses from using other methods of infecting people. In a surgical situation where doctors are washing hands and being extremely careful they work. However just watch the public wear masks, watch them pick up food, then rub their nose under their mask. Personally I find it baffling that anyone can be stupid enough to believe they do anything when used in the public. Specially when so many studies have proven them not to worn.

You can wear a mask all you like. The science does NOT stand by you. They are good at making stupid people feel safer.

The proof is: Any hospital since the beginning of them using science to do things. It catches particles you exhale. Covid is the most infectious if you're within the range of inhaling someone else's mouth particles. That's why lockdowns work, because it forces people to stay apart.
I see the broken eggs of lockdown everywhere but nobody has an omelette. Lockdowns emphatically do not work. If they did the governments of the world and the media would be pushing the evidence in out faces 24/7.

Lockdowns work when they are enforced effectively. In the west they have not worked as they have not been enforced effectively. In the UK the decline in deaths have all occurred before the lockdowns took effect, proving that they did not turn the tide here at least. But then the only way to get 65 million people to all comply at once is by literally deploying a military bigger than we already have.

In fact believing it’s even possible to be able to effectively lock down populations like the U.K. is foolish. Look at Aus, 18 months of severe lockdowns and they still have cases. Not many but clearly it’s not sustainable. And Aus is sparsely populated compared to most of the world.

Either way, the fact is you are going to need some pretty serious enforcement to get people like me (and millions of others) to comply to lockdowns and mask wearing for a virus that is extremely unlikely to kill us. To the point where it’s not realistic to even try

I firmly believe that if the virus was more deadly then lockdowns would work as people would take them more seriously. But asking young people to stay in for months and months on end for a virus that is less lethal to them than the nights out they wish to attend was just plain foolish.

The vaccine is the only answer to this pandemic and it’s a dam good one. A single jab of Pfizer does far more to protect us than the hardest of our lockdowns or wearing masks will ever do.

I see the broken eggs of lockdown everywhere but nobody has an omelette. Lockdowns emphatically do not work. If they did the governments of the world and the media would be pushing the evidence in out faces 24/7.

Lockdowns work when they are enforced effectively. In the west they have not worked as they have not been enforced effectively. In the UK the decline in deaths have all occurred before the lockdowns took effect, proving that they did not turn the tide here at least. But then the only way to get 65 million people to all comply at once is by literally deploying a military bigger than we already have.

In fact believing it’s even possible to be able to effectively lock down populations like the U.K. is foolish. Look at Aus, 18 months of severe lockdowns and they still have cases. Not many but clearly it’s not sustainable. And Aus is sparsely populated compared to most of the world.

Either way, the fact is you are going to need some pretty serious enforcement to get people like me (and millions of others) to comply to lockdowns and mask wearing for a virus that is extremely unlikely to kill us. To the point where it’s not realistic to even try

I firmly believe that if the virus was more deadly then lockdowns would work as people would take them more seriously. But asking young people to stay in for months and months on end for a virus that is less lethal to them than the nights out they wish to attend was just plain foolish.

The vaccine is the only answer to this pandemic and it’s a dam good one. A single jab of Pfizer does far more to protect us than the hardest of our lockdowns or wearing masks will ever do.
People repeatedly ignoring recommendations has ZERO to do with what a facemask does. You can't first ignore to do what you're told to do and then pretend to be upset that it's broken. That's 100% your own fault and I personally think that any person caught ignoring recommendations during a pandemic should be permanently disqualified from any health care or insurance. Just like we do with any other laws and regulations.

People repeatedly ignoring recommendations has ZERO to do with what a facemask does. You can't first ignore to do what you're told to do and then pretend to be upset that it's broken. That's 100% your own fault and I personally think that any person caught ignoring recommendations during a pandemic should be permanently disqualified from any health care or insurance. Just like we do with any other laws and regulations.
Unfortunately it’s not viable to ignore human behaviour. Expecting humans to comply with any of these orders is really quite stupid and nowhere has a success story.

Taking vengeance on people for not doing as they are told is disgustingly tyrannical. You’re showing your true colours…

Back