Really Low FPS in BF2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello I've allways had a strange problem with my computer. First I played F.E.A.R. with my friends that had bad video card and they were not lagging but me yes.
Then I started playing Battlefield 2 and I was still lagging. At the time I was with an AIW 9800 pro and now I have a BFG Ge Force 6600 GT OC 128mo. Of course I'am always in low graphic, resolution and everything because when i put all in high or in med i lag more dependant on the map (sharky+++ wake---)
I checked my fps with renderer.drawfps 1 and it showed 15/66,7 always the same thing...always fraps does the same thing, from 11 to 15 fps

Here is my config
You know the video
Asus p5p800
P4 3.00 630
2x 512 (one no name and one kingston)
X fi Xtreme Music

Thanks for help I am so frustrated of constantly lagging....:(

PS It is surely not a connexion problem

Please still have the same problem.... someone I know have exactly the same computer as me except the monitor and he's running fine in medium

Hi Oomomo,
That is a decent motherboard that shouldn't have too many problems. I can tell you that BF2 needs a LOT of memory, 1.5 to 2 gigs for best results as it pages a lot of map data at one time.

I'd first start though by ensuring you have dual-channel and your memory/cpu settings correct. Do a Google and look for CPU-Z and download, unzip and run this tool. It has two export function which you can use to attach the HTML report (not the txt) to a post here. Otherwise, you can post screenshots of the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th tabs. These would be a good start!

Also, if you have broadband, I also recommend SiSoft Sandra. It has cpu arith and memory bandwidth tests that might also help pinpoint any possible bottlenecks your system has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back