Realtek AC'97 audio problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just got a new computer, it has a PM800-M2 motherboard with onboard Realtek AC'97 Audio (ALC655). my problem is that the sound does not come out of the right speaker, i have it set up right and have all the newest codecs (WDM_A380.exe) from realtek. i know for a fact that the speaker works because it works when plugged into a cd player. i dont know what to do from here, any suggestions would be helpfull! please and thankyou

Maybe the output hole on the souncard is buggered.
Or maybe the left/right speaker balance is right over to one side.

thanks for the feedback, well, i know that the sounds isn't all on the left side so that probably means that the jack is just faulty and i should get a new soundcard then?

sound problems

for some reason my sound messes up when I run too many programs, or when i play a pc game it sounds all scratchy. I'm using a realtek ac'97 sound card on my pc. also, but not related to this topic, when I run my halo game on my pc, for some reason, the guy is white and not green but i updated my driver just recently, it's a intel 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV video card and i just now downloaded the latest driver. Do I have to get a new video card to make the master chief his green color instead of white?

Hey, first of all...
@ Maggot
I had a similar problem with my old intergrated AC 97, it just stopped to produce sound on my left speaker - there was some sound, but it was so quiet that you could barely make out what it was...
Right speaker was loud as normal, although the volume was set to same for both speaker...
After a while I gave up and bought a SB Live!...
The only thing you could check is the mixer - if everything seems alright, the jack is probably faulty... then you could RMA the board (not recommended as it'll take time) or go to the nearest shop and buy a cheap but good sound card (SB Live! is really cheap now, and it still aint that bad, better than AC 97 for sure).

@Chosen Angel

The thing is, AC 97' relies on software decoding instead of hardware, so your CPU is being loaded to process the sound. However, when playing , the CPU is given much more intensive and important tasks such as managing AI, physics, some geometry calculations and etc. So with a non-hardware sound solution you should expect the occasional sound stuttering.
About the 'white' Chief, its actually missing textures, or they are not being applied correctly - with an intergrated card you will have these kind of problems, partly cause their drivers suck, and partly because they dont have enough memory (you could try to assign more memory to the card). For 140-150$ you could get a really good card (many times better,faster, with no problems) compared to the intergrated POS... If you need a suggestion which one, just ask.

Oh duh!!
Now I rember!!
I have AC97 integrated sound, it was crap until i went to my mobo manufacturer site and downloaded the latest soundeffect manager and driver pack, do it it made my soundcard so much better, like enabling EAX2.0 and making my mp3's un-crackly.

PC trouble

Sound card realtak ac97' i only have 3 options off sound in my master volume control wav, sw(??) and some other but that not important i am missing master volume including "mute all" and every now and then "pc speaker jumps up most off the time i have no sound i re-installed some drivers and later my pc told me that there is somthing wrong with my mixer?? i figured if i can't fix it i'll by another sound card

problem 2 my graphics card... ATI Radeon 9600 mobility 10 well 2 put it, its a "POS" and every now and then my screen like how do i put it its like some one nudges the screen down and adjusts the brightness for a split second and also i have a program for my ati and it produces a spinning 3D cube coverd in pink carpet well now it produces a fuzzy pink cube what do i do!?

ok i got sound working but the sound is slow ok picture this in a game where a character talks, say his mouth is moving fine and his mouth moves for about 1 minute but the sound is slowed down too about 2 minutes why!? is it fixable...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back