Realtek Mic on Acer Aspire 5735

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, I'm in desperate need of some help.

I want to record vocals onto my laptop, and went out and bought a JTS NX-7s mic the other day from a well known music shop, local to me. The guy was really nice, and suggested that the above-mentioned mic was most suitable. I'm a complete novice to be fair, and he kept everything simple for me, because techy talk does not sink in...Infact, thinking about it, he didn't really say much and he was quite old!

However, even though the mic is all plugged into the right jack, I'm finding that it isn't registering on the audio recording options. Its only the Realtek mic that is available to use, but even when this disabled it's still the only mic available for me to choose. Does anyone know how I am able to "install" my JTS NX-7s onto my computer, or how I can find it to start using it...or should I take it back to the shop?

No instructions or anything came with the mic so I've even emailed JTS :-/

Please bear in mind that I am female, and of a "blonde" nature - please exclude words that may interfere with the smooth running of my mind...I'd really appreciate that!

Cheers :)

(No offence to blondes! May I add...)

Did you plug the Mic into the right place on the laptop? Sometimes the Mix port is pink or red. Sometimes it is just black

Of course I did! :) I'm not that blonde. Yes, the jack is on the left handside of my laptop, with a pink ring around it, with a mic symbol on it.

LOL, I like the little blonde jokes started here!
Have you gone through the "sound and audio" settings in your control panel?
For some odd reason, the volume controls may be set incorrectly..
Are you using special software? Which operating system are you using?

You can take the laptop to the music store and let them look at it...

"Of course I did! :) I'm not that blonde"...

We never can tell just how "blonde" a person is :rolleyes:

yeah the shop told me to take it in, when I went back to them today...I think I might just let the fiddle with it, rather than me muck it. I have gone through all routes to try and sort the settings out and do something, but for some reason its just been uber unsuccessful. I might even have a dud mic...who knows? I'll see what they can do in the shop. Cheers for your suggestions anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back