Reboot and select proper boot device

hello, i recenty got a problem: when booting my pc a black screen comes up and it says "reboot and select proper boot device"

now i've seen similar topics, but none had a problem quite like mine.

i haven't changed anything in my pc that is related to hardware, i just instaled a game called "4story" and when i launched about a minute later windows froze, commands like alt+tab, alt+f4, ctrl+alt+del didn't work so i rebooted and that is when the black screen came up.

i can freely access BIOS, but i don't know how to work with them. from what i've read it is posible that BIOS just don't reconise pc's hdd and it's needed to turn it back on through BIOS, though i don't know how to do that or will that even work.

any help will be apreciated.

I think the game is trying to use drivers that are not compatible with your hardware.

So, ... can you boot to safe mode? Here is how...
Turn the system off,
wait a few seconds,
turn the system back on, and press f8, (repeatedly if necessary.)
It will bring you to a "black screen" with several options, including "safe mode".
Select "safe mode", (Not "safe mode with networking").
Go into your "Control Panel", ("Start" -> "Control Panel") then select "add/Remove programs"
Then uninstall the software you just installed.
I suspect this will get your system back.

Let me know if this works.
If not, we'll try something else.
If it does work, we can then troubleshoot why the game didn't run properly on your system,

Thank you, it did work.
But for some reason when i pressed F8 in the black screen there wasn't a "safe mode" option ( i had problems before and this screen was diffrent than the one that allowed the option safe mode, safe mode with networking etc.)
Instead the were my CD and DVD rom as options and some letter and number combination ( something like S584T72) so i pressed on it and it booted PC normaly. Then i just uninstaled the game.

Back