Recommend me games please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joawro

I seem to be on my computer doing "nothing" really after I play all my usual games. I would like everyone to suggest me games you could download (Like those MMORPGs), or buy decent games from the stores. I like FPS, Action, MMORPGs, Racing, and some RTS games such as Warcraft III. And no games that are rated AO (Adults Only)

Here are my system specs:

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3000+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.0GHz
RAM: 1024 PC3200 DDR2 RAM.
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GS 256MB
Motherboard: ASUS K8V SE
CD-ROM: Not sure, but it's not DVD-ROM
Sound card: It's good enough.

Please don't recommend me computer upgrades, I just want games that can work on my computer.

Also, I prefer Performace > Quality.

Edited: I live in the Eastern side on the United States. (Don't want to go in to more detail then that.) And I can't online shop because I don't know how to, and I think I'll just lose my money that way.

Have u played 'FAR CRY'. Ive a FX5700VE card,1GB and intel4 3GHZ.Its a cool game. Very fun to play.Would do really well with your card i reckon.This game cost me $20 Australian.(thats cheap).

Buying software now

First ? ,Where are you ?
It's not easy to shop in person these days.
Try Future Shop if you have one.
Do you like Pinball sims ?

I edited the 1st post to tell you where I am. I don't like pinball nor sims. And I don't think I ever heard of a shop called Future Shop before.

Trust me you won't lose money shopping online.

Now games I would recommend:

Halo Combat Evolved
Half-Life
Half-Life 2
Counter-Strike: Source
Star Wars Republic Commando
Doom 3
Doom 3 ROE
Far Cry
Project Snowblind
Quake III Arena
Quake IV
F.E.A.R.
GTA: San Andreas
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Area 51
FPS Creator (I make my own games with this)
Master of Orion (Requires Dos-Box under XP)
Master of Orion II (No online under XP)

You should consider listing games you have and enjoyed or didn't enjoy so as people here don't waste their time providing lists/info just to be received by "got it.. didn't like it" :D

That being said, the prior suggestion of Far Cry is a good one. It's bargain-bin material now so it can be had under $10 most places. Good FPS game.

FEAR is another great FPS/Action game with great graphics. It'll still play fine on your setup with medium to high settings.

Older FPS games that are cheap now and fun: Quake4, Doom3, Serious Sam 2. You can find most in the bargain bin for cheap here in the US.

Titles also skipped over by many that are fun include:
The Movies (Hollywood studio simulation- make movies, train/hire actors and upgrade your lot. Non-violent strat/sim game)
Fable : RPG-style game.
Guild Wars: No monthly subscription MMO game for playing online with other players.
Black and White 2: Strategy/Sim game and now has an expansion.
Tomb Raider:Legend- If you're not a fan of later Tomb Raider games, Crystal Dynamics breathed new life into them with Legend and Anniversary. The graphics are improved and new control scheme is actually playable/non-frustrating. Totally redesigned and play 10x better/more involving.
Supreme Commander: You'll need to crank the details down a bit to play on your rig, but an EXCELLENT RTS/Strategy game recently released.

Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl and Oblivion if you like roaming RPG games (though SSOC isnt really an RPG)

The Half-Life's, Far Cry, Quake 4, FEAR, Halo,Call of Duty 2 and Brothers in Arms for the FPS's

Evil Genius, Rome/ Medieval 2 Total War, Warcraft 3, Ground Control 2, Command and Conquer 3 for Strategy

Freelancer and the Prince of PErsia series are also worth a look

beef_jerky4104 said:
Trust me you won't lose money shopping online.

Now games I would recommend:

Halo Combat Evolved
Half-Life
Half-Life 2
Counter-Strike: Source
Star Wars Republic Commando
Doom 3
Doom 3 ROE
Far Cry
Project Snowblind
Quake III Arena
Quake IV
F.E.A.R.
GTA: San Andreas
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Area 51
FPS Creator (I make my own games with this)
Master of Orion (Requires Dos-Box under XP)
Master of Orion II (No online under XP)

Counter Strike Source - Best multiplayer FPS there is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back