Recommend........

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkaa

Can somebody recommend me a good video card? My price range is anything lower than 130 140 around there. Thanks guys:grinthumb

I think you can get a Radeon 9600XT for around that. If not, then go 9600 Pro.

And TigerDirect has (had?) MX440's for $30 BTW Cheezhead.

Is the company Sapphire good? Would you recommend it? Their prices are a bit lower than the other competetors:confused:

9600XT or 9600PRO in that price range.....

Saphire makes a quality product, but support is not that great..be sure the retailer you buy from can handle any warranty/replacement issues. In other words, buy from NewEgg:grinthumb

u might want to get a visiontek video card. they have good support and lifetime warranty. sapphire cards are great also.

Hmmm, stay away from the geforceMX cards, they are really old technology as they only suppot directx7 and lower. They can play directx8 and 9 games but you won't see the graphics as the game designers intended. The newest is directx9 and the ati 9600 series cards support it. The sweet spot is the 9600 pro's as they are not too expensive. Stay away from the nvidia fx 5200's because even though they are also directx9 cards, they don't have the muscle to actually use it in games without it looking like a slideshow. If you want to save a lot of cash and get a decent card, the geforce4 ti4200's, they are faster than the 5200's and can play most games out today with good quality (mind you it is a directx8 card) and are plenty fast...just make sure you get the 128mb version, those average 70-100 bucks, any higer is overpriced. Hope that helps.

Might Try PowerColor video cards. They get good reviews at www.newegg.com

Some people have complained about aritfacts with the Sapphire 9600's. I have seen other posts that state to use the ATI drivers for them from the ATI website. I have a Sapphire 9000 Atlantis that I used for a while and I didnt see anything wrong with it.

I got an AUS Radeon 9600XT for 128mb £120 and its great. Plus i heard that it is quite good for overclocking. My friend got a Power Colour one, a 9600EZ 256meg for £100, but i heard that they are underclocked or somthing so stay away from them.

I would also suggest that waiting a short while. ATI and Nvidia are said to be bringing out a new range of cards very shortly which will no doubt force the current ranges prices right down.

There was something on the new PCI Express video cards on the Anandtech Web site

www.anandtech.com

This is from the Intel Developer Forum that is going on this week. The sites I visited still claimed an arrival time of this summer for the new PCI Express VGA Port on the motherboards and the video cards. They are still claiming they have no motherboards or video cards to do benchmarks on, so they can not say how good or bad they will be. I keep looking at the motherboards for sale and I do not see any anouncements of new motherboard designs not yet available for Asus Motherboards.

As far as overclocking video cards go, I never overclock hardware so that would not affect my decision, but you might like to overclock for all I Know. I have always been in favor of stability before performance. I would definitely keep an eye on price; However, if people dont buy the new hardware forcing a demand for it, there is no guarantee there will be an immediate price drop. This did not occur when they came out with the new SATA hard drives. I am of a mind that if prices drop that is fine. If you want to wait till May or June that is up to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back