Red hue on LCD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Dell Latitude laptop p4, 256ddr, win2k. There is a red hue to the LCD and it won't go away either docked or undocked. I've checked the display settings putting it to 1600x1200, tightened all of the screws on the bottom of the laptop, and hooked it to an external monitor. When I hooked it to the monitor the red hue went away and the it had a normal picture on the external monitor. I've also reseated the video connector to the mobo, and still get the red hue. Anyone have any experience with this? thanks

I'm not too sure for laptops, but I think they have some things to change that. See if there is a menu button you push for your LCD to adjust, etc.

There's usually a RGB (red, green, blue) thing that you can adjust.

tried that already.. im getting a replacement to come in tomorrow.. should be ok..sounds like a bad lcd or something

Obviously a problem with the screen or its connection.
With laptops there are no seperate physical screen control options and very few options in the drivers to allow for colour temperature setting.

Getting a replacement is the only solution really. Which is what you've done. ;)

yeah the dell guy is coming today. Thanks for all of your suggestions. I'm sure I will be posting here a lot from here on!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back