Removing Vista partitions

Status
Not open for further replies.

NZvista

Hello techspot,

I recently installed windows 7, but im definitely sure the old windows vista partition remains. I have deleted all the old folders/files, but do not know how to remove the actual partition.

Could anyone tell me how to do this, or know of a good step by step guide?

Peter

Suggest you first view the partitions on the hard drive. Rt click Computer->Manage->Disk Management. Do you see multiple partitions listed? What sizes are they? What type of filesystem formats are they?

Hi there,

The two things i see are the volume c and d, both are listed as basic.

In the status however, D is listed as the "system/primary partition," and in my computer, that is the hard drive part that had vista on it (had the windows logo), however now, the C drive has the windows logo with all the system folders, but does not have the partition status in the computer management.

Well, in any case, when you boot into Windows 7, Windows and your program files and all your personal files and folders are on the C: drive, yes?

As to deleting and managing partitions i like to use EASUS Partition Manager. Then you can delete the partition and then grow the size of the C partition if you want.

Note when use EASUS to select your partition operations, you have to click Apply before the operations are commited.

Also, while i never had a problem with EASUS, it can be a good idea to create a disk image backup before you delete or resize partitions (just in case). EASUS also has some good freeware tools for that: EASUS Todo backup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back