Reoccurring Infections

Status
Not open for further replies.
My pc has aids help please. I use malwarebytes antimalware and AVG but they aren't killing the viruses/Malware. They seem to keep respawning after I kill them.

Welcome to TechSpot shadowfoxe33. I'll try to help you get all of the malware out for good. Most likely, rather than a 'recurring infection', the malware isn't getting completely removed.

You have a Vundo infection- I can see that much. But you have run an old version of HijackThis, so you need to run the current version after you scan with Malwarebytes and Superantispyware. You will find the directions in our Virus and Malware Removal thread HERE.

Please follow the order that is given. When finished, attach the logs from Malwarebytes and Superantispyware and paste (Ctrl V) the HijackThis log in your next reply. I'll review the entries then.

Until Bobbye gets time to get back to you, you had some pretty serious infestations, with Vundo. Vundo appears to be removed:

"Memory items scanned : 447
Memory threats detected : 2
Registry items scanned : 5438
Registry threats detected : 18
File items scanned : 12501
File threats detected : 11"

However, I would run both spyware programs again to be sure, then run MalWareBytes once more in SAFE MODE.

You might consider changing from AVG 8 to Alwill Avast, or Avira Antivir as your antivirus program.

You bumped twice- not appreciated. I did take some time to sleep last night! And if you had pasted the HJT log as I asked, it would have cut down on the times I have ti take reviewing your logs!

Do not use the System Restore feature- the restore points have malware in them. I'll have you remove them when we finish with the cleaning.

Have you set a homepage to display as a blank page?

Please download VundoFix.exe HERE and save to your desktop:
  • Double-click VundoFix.exe to run it.
  • Click the Scan for Vundo button.
  • Once it's done scanning, click the ‘Fix Vundo’ button.
  • You will receive a prompt asking if you want to remove the files, click YES
  • Once you click yes, your desktop will go blank as it starts removing Vundo.
  • When completed, it will prompt that it will reboot your computer, click OK.
Please attach the C:\vundofix.txt and a new HiJackThis log.(PASTE HJT log)

Note: It is possible that VundoFix encountered a file it could not remove.
In this case, VundoFix will run on reboot, simply follow the above instructions starting from "Click the Scan for Vundo button." when VundoFix appears at reboot.

Please do not bump your thread again. I am also working with others who have problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back