Repair Install Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hemogoblin

I recently bought a new motherboard and processor. I started up the windows repair install, and it was going along fine, and then when it got to 34 minutes remaining, I got a popup saying
"Hardware Installation

The Software you are installing for this hardware:

NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT

has not passed Windows Logo testing to verify its compatibility with Windows XP.

blah blah blah"

It asks me to select either "yes" or "no" to continuing the installation for the software, but for some reason, my keyboard and mouse do not work during this installation. Because of this, I can't move to select yes or no.

The green boxes on the bottom right keep lighting up, one after another, as they do during the rest of the installation, and the message in the background about the features of XP change every few minutes, but nothing is happening. It's been like this for over an hour now, so I'm not sure what to do.

Any help would be great!

Try resetting, I've had to do hard resets in the middle of Windows Setup and it still installed fine. I don't see why the repair would be different.

Hi! This is a difficult method of transferring your old system it does not always work. before you attempt to start setup again run chkdsk /p from the recovery console, use ps2 keyb and mouse or if using usb make sure you have legacy usb enabled in bios.

another way is to simply try booting as is in safe mode then install the new motherboard chipset drivers in safe mode and uninstall the graphics drivers.

you should really just save your user files and docs and go with a clean install.

you could also try deleting the drivers in system32 and try the repair install again.

hope it works

or if using usb make sure you have legacy usb enabled in bios
Wow good answer :grinthumb
You got there before me
I probably would have said what's your keyboard connection
And how to get into CMOS
and finally the legacy USB enabled

But I think you wrote it better than I would have :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back