Request Support on STOP: 0X40000080 Blue Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Computer Info
HP Compaq 6910P Notebook
WinXP Pro SP3

The Computer has been working normally. There is No New Hardware or Software that has been set up on this computer. Things would be running fine but once every 2 weeks or so it would go into a Blue Screen Crash-Shutdown Screen and the following Stop Error Code Appears:

STOP: 0X40000080 (0X866203D0, 0X8623D698, 0XF7A3B8E8, 0X00000001)

I have attached the MiniDump Files that were created after the last 2 Blue Screens.
Could someone please take a look at these Dump Files and figure out what I should do to stop these Blue Screens from appearing in the future on this Notebook Computer.

Thank you for the assistance.:confused:

Attachments

• Mini012910-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 2
  • Mini010610-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 2
Unfortunantly both mindumps were corrupted and thus unreadable.

Your error defined is 0x00000080: NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE
This general indication of a hardware failure is often quite difficult to pin down. Follow usual hardware troubleshooting protocols, in particular: Roll-back any recent hardware or driver changes; ensure that RAM sticks are matched and undamaged; check for viruses or hard drive damage; run ChkDsk to identify file system problems; ensure that all connections are sound inside the computer and all cards well-seated. In tough cases you may need to consult a professional shop for hardware diagnosis and repair.

For harddrive daignostics find the manufacturer of your harddrive and use their free utility that you can procure from their website. HP might have diagnostic tools already loaded.

I also suggest you run Memtest on your RAM to see if you have corrupted memory.

See the link below and follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed but either one should work. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Link: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

* Get back to us with the results.

Hardware & Memory Diagnostics Completed

TO: Route44

Thank you for your Reply. I am sorry to find out that the Minidump files were corrupt and not able to be viewed. I went to the C:\Windows\Minidump Folder and attached these files right from that source onto this TechSpot Post. I will delete these files from this Folder and wait for the next Blue Screen to happen so I can attach a new Minidump File to this Post. In between time I wanted to let you know the following about this HP Compaq 6910P Notebook...

There has been No New Hardware or current Hardware Driver Updates completed on this system for over 6 months. The system was working juts fine and there was no prompt to install any new Drivers so none were loaded. The Blue Screen Crash just started to happeb in the past month. No New Software or Hardware changes what so ever during that time frame.

SAV 10.1.6 is installed and active on this system. Scan completed and No Virus Detections.
Ran CCleaner, Malwarebytes, and Spybot S&D was ran on system and No major isues or corrections were required.
This Notebook only has 1 stick of Memory and it is seated properly within slot.
Device Manager Reports all Hardware is working properly.
Ran ChkDsk on Notebook Hard Drive and No major isues or corrections were required.
Checked all Notebook Internal Devices and all are seated properly.
Ran the HP Compaq Diagnostics on entire System and No major isues or corrections were required.
There was a Full Memory Test that was part of this full HP Diagnostic and the Memory Test Passed with no errors.

I have Burned Memtest86+-1.70.iso onto a CDN and will be glad to Boot onto this CD and run the Memory Test 8+ times but I do not know if it will revel anything more than what has already been completed.

Thank you for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back