Rumor: Apple will announce iPad 2 next month

Emil

Staff

The iPad 2 rumors have been in full swing ever since the first iPad was released, but now that CES 2011 is over, we can start to take a look at how Apple will counter the huge variety of tablets that were unveiled. The latest rumor claims to narrow down when the iPad's successor will be announced, and hints at what it will ship with.

"I have it on good authority that Apple will be announcing the iPad 2 in the next "3-4 weeks", possibly Tuesday February 1st," according to Kevin Rose, founder of Digg. "The iPad 2 will feature a retina display and front/back cameras. If you're thinking of buying an iPad, hold off for now. UPDATE: Spoke w/another source, the display has a 'higher dpi', but not technically a retina display. This seems odd to me, we'll have to wait and see."

Rose has made Apple predictions in the past, and he's also been wrong before. Nevertheless, the timing is plausible, given that another rumor expects the iPad 2 to ship in April 2011. Yet another rumor says that Apple will offer a CDMA version of the device.

Permalink to story.

"dpi" Actually it's PPI. As I recall dpi is for mice.

Obviously not a retina display. It'd need to be over 2560x1600 to have the pixel density of the iphone 4.

Flash....no?.... Just bury it now...Because it's dead before it even gets released.. Motorola Xoom is just the beginning of the tide that will put Apple in it's grave where it's overly priced gizmo's belong :)

windmill007 said:
Flash....no?.... Just bury it now...Because it's dead before it even gets released.. Motorola Xoom is just the beginning of the tide that will put Apple in it's grave where it's overly priced gizmo's belong :)

Apple fanboys will buy it. That's all that apple cares about. Plus apple is appealing to dumb consumers with their "shiny" products. Anyone tech-ducated(I just butchered English forever) won't go near an apple product.

even though apple might not have the best products, they have the most apps and alot people buy iphones and ipads because of this.

Back