Ryzen 5 3600 or i5 9400f

Hello everybody idon't know how to choose ryzen 5 3600 or i5 9400f ?
I need cpu that I can streaming smooth only shooting game like cs:go ,PUBG, rainbow six siege, pubg mobile , fornite......
I think ryzen 5 3600 better but it too expensive than i5 9400f right now and unlucky that I have been use ryzen 5 2600 and it stop running and my sceeen keep frozen when I play call of duty mobile emulator on tencent gaming buddy and no notice reason appear ?
then I comback with my old cpu i5 3470 and nothing happen ?
can you give me an advise that I will continue with ryzen 5 3600 or i5 9400f ?
thank you a lot.

The 3600 for sure. The Ryzen 5 2600 however is still highly considered a great cpu. Can you give us more information on how long your R5 system has had issues? If you can give us the following:

1. What you are doing when the system freezes.
2. Motherboard manufacturer and model number.
3. RAM manufacturer, model number, amount of RAM installed.
4. Make, model, and wattage of your power supply.
5. Make and model of your video card.
6. Is there dust buildup in your case?

They have some great offers on the Ryzen 7 2700x going on. Yesterday Newegg had it for $149, today it's $179. Not sure if it's on sale where you live but it's worth looking around, considering that it also includes the Wraith Prism fan and either Outer Worlds or Borderlands 3, so if you wanted to get either of the two in the first place, then it's a great deal.

That said, if you PC freezes it may be a good idea to troubleshoot the problem first. Depending on what is causing this (memory, mainboard, Windows shot, problem with the cooler)... just changing the CPU alone won't solve your problem.

Checking Newegg for the i5-9400f, you will also need to add a decent heqatsink and fan, so add another $20 on top of the CPU price. For gaming only this should be perfectly fine but if you stream while gaming and maybe run discord or teamspeak, more threads are your friend - so a Ryzen 2700x that costs a little less (unless you can get an i5 compatible HSF for free) offer two more cores and ten more threads

Back