Samsung SP2504C dead?

Clinkzehffs

I got a 250gb SP2504C SATA HDD which I ve been using for some years now, a week ago, the harddisk started freezing like for 4-5 seconds etc and coming back, and sometimes it froze so I needed to restart, when I hooked up another harddisk for the OS, and used the SP2504C as storage, sometimes the harddisk would just go offline (wouldn't appear in disk management/mycomputer/etc), and finally, now, whenever I hook it up, the BIOS into screen freezes up for a minute or two, and it doesn't see my harddisk. I tried all different SATA slots, changed cables, did everything, but everytime I hook this harddisk up, it just freezes bios for 2minutes, and when I get into Windows, the harddisk is of course isn't there. I just need to recover some files (wont even pass 5mb), so I need a minute or two of an access to the harddisk, what can I do about this?

Edit : The harddisk also makes a clicking noise when it's hooked up..

Thanks already.

In nour experience, the lifetime of a Samsung hard drive ends at about three years... or even sooner on the 250GB model... so it is probably time to change to another... If you do it soon, you still have a good chance of rescuing all of your data... but that total failure could occur at any moment... once you start recovering data, do NOT turn off that old hard drive until done.

Yeah, I noticed Samsung hard drives fail a lot aswell, but how can I manage to turn the hard drive on? Currently it wont boot for sure, any dieas to do it?

If you have valuable data on that drive, do not mess with it as a main drive.

When you get setup on a new drive that boots, install the old one as a Slave, and cross your fingers that it will turn long enough to find and copy all your valuable files.

Anything you do now, increases the risk that you may be able to recover nothing.

Back