SATA/NCQ Laptop Hard drive adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

sethbest

I have been trying to recover files from a corrupted hard drive. No OS will boot on it, scandisk freezes on trying to correct index errors, HDD Regenerator shows no bad sectors.

The only option left that I can see is using an adapter and trying to pull the files off through a pc, but this hard drive, Seagate Momentus ST9160821AS, has a interface that I am not farmiliar with.

I do have an IDE converter for laptops but it interfaces with pins, and I cant find a converter that fits with this one, probably because its SATA NCQ. Is there another name for this kind of adapter that i can't find?

Here are some pictures of the interface, hope somone can give me some info on it.

You could buy an external USB Sata enclosure for the notebook drive, and access it that way. This Seagate drive should be replaced under warranty (5 year)

The way that i understand ata interfaces are 4 pin connecters, are you saying a ata enclosure would fit this connector type? The drive should work fine after i reformat it, i just need to pull some files first.

I have never had trouble putting a SATA NCQ notebook in a good quality SATA external USB enclosure

Ah well my innexperience with SATA shows, i guess the interface under the ridge converter is SATA, so im just ebaying a usb to sata conversion kit. Thx Tmagic for the tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back