Scanner only scans in a light pink color

Status
Not open for further replies.

poertner_1274

I am at a friends house now and he is having problems with his scanner. It used to work fine but recently it has been acting up and only scanning in images in a pinkish color. You can scan things in black and white fine, but for some reason if you try and do color it messes up. It is a UMAX Astra 3400 (USB connection), running Windows XP, 1.6 P4, 256 MB RAM. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the drivers and software for it, but I have never played with a scanner so I am clueless as to where to go from here. Please help, thank you all in advance.

Maybe there's a problem with the wiring.

Has he left the scanner under the sun recently ? The heat could prolly mess up the sensors or something.

Maybe the light source inside the scanner has changed colors ( maybe it got worn out ) & it needs to be changed.

[I have no idea]
Check to see if the glass inside the scanner hasn't turned pink. Maybe he's spilt some cool-aid or something.
[/I have no idea]

LOL
All good ideas, but I am no longer at his house, I thought about wiring, or something along those lines, but I have no idea. He said it used to work after he moved, but now it just sucks. Oh well if anyone else knows anything please reply, otherwise he's out of luck. Thanks Didou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back